Zaino'd the Shaker GT... new pics inside (death to 56K)

MineralMan

May 17, 2005
San Diego, CA
Over the 4th of July weekend, I spent some quality time with my Mustang and some product I read about here called Zaino. I've seen the photos of the mirror reflections that Zaino gives, so I thought... what the heck, lets give it a try. I was blown away at how much better the car looked after Zaino (compared to some of the other products I've used in the past). Well worth the investment. Yesterday I took the car out for a nice photo shoot in the late afternoon and evening, here are some of my favorite shots.

z_day18.jpg

z_day06.jpg

z_day07.jpg

z_day23.jpg

z_day21.jpg

z_night04.jpg

z_night07.jpg

z_night09.jpg

There are more shots from the shoot on my website, I just didn't want to post them all here. This past weekend I also hit my Range Rover with Zaino. Being black, it really shows a difference with Zaino... check this reflection:

roverzaino1.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

Awesome looking car man!!

The guy who used to own my car used Zaino on it everytime.. That sucker was sooooooooooooo shiny when I bought it.. but it's worn off since, still doesn't look as good even when I used Meguiar's NXT :(

I decided to spend the money also and try Zaino. For one I couldn't believe how easy it was to do and really didn't take much time. I put on two coats of the Z2 with the ZFX & used Z6 in between. I really love the Z6 gloss spray.

photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

photodisplay.php

Hey guys.. thanks for all the compliments. Yeah, Zaino is da bomb. Love that stuff.

I got my Mach 1 hood off of eBay for a very reasonable price. I bought the shaker and brakets from Kar Kraft. You can check my website (see signature) for more information.

My best friend was just commented when looking at the pictures that he also misses the white stripes... I took some of the photos yesterday the same spot I had in the past, so that I could do a comparison of what a difference a year makes... check them out:

June 2005
whitestripes.jpg

June 2006
blackstripes.jpg

MineralMan said:
Hey guys.. thanks for all the compliments. Yeah, Zaino is da bomb. Love that stuff.

I got my Mach 1 hood off of eBay for a very reasonable price. I bought the shaker and brakets from Kar Kraft. You can check my website (see signature) for more information.

My best friend was just commented when looking at the pictures that he also misses the white stripes... I took some of the photos yesterday the same spot I had in the past, so that I could do a comparison of what a difference a year makes... check them out:

June 2005
whitestripes.jpg

June 2006
blackstripes.jpg

that joint looks good either way:nice: but dont get me wrong i love the way it looks right now keep up the good work very tasteful appearence mods

i dont think it would look quite right with the shaker and the stripes along with the chin spoiler so i think it was a good addition or subtraction in some ways

Looking sweet as always, I dont like verts too much but yours changed my mine when I first seen it with the white stripes! And that Rover is awesome as well man, post more pics (some from the side, looks like its got some nice wheels)!

Pennywise2 said:
Must say your stang looks awesome! :nice:

Thanks man.

Blinkstang said:
Looking sweet as always, I dont like verts too much but yours changed my mine when I first seen it with the white stripes! And that Rover is awesome as well man, post more pics (some from the side, looks like its got some nice wheels)!

Thanks. Here's some more photos of the Rover after I did the Zaino treatment. Its a 2001, 4.6 HSE, black on black. Road wheels are the 22" chrome rims that are on it.... also have a set of 16" Discovery rims for off road use.

roverzaino5.jpg

I didn't want to hijack MM, BUT thought I'd show you the pics of mine since I'm back now. I couldn't get the shaker centered due to issues with my engine placement after my QA1 (This will be remedied with either a custom bracket or replacing with a UPR K)

PICT1264.jpg

PICT1263.jpg

PICT1262.jpg

PICT1261.jpg

Other than not being able to center the shaker, I'm really happy with the hood and the CAI. Thanks for your input in the prior thread.

Attachments

• PICT1264.jpg
    PICT1264.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 88
  • PICT1263.jpg
    PICT1263.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 90
  • PICT1262.jpg
    PICT1262.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 90
  • PICT1261.jpg
    PICT1261.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 75
myponyrocks said:
Other than not being able to center the shaker, I'm really happy with the hood and the CAI. Thanks for your input in the prior thread.

I did mine many years ago, but your posting is the first time that I read that anyone else had the problem with not being able to center the shaker. I could not center mine, even with all the adjustments to their extreme.

The problem is that the KK design tries to use the same, long, bolt to go thru two different sets of holes in their front brackets. These holes really need to be off-centered from each other by about 1/2" to 3/4" for the shaker scoop to center with the hood. I ended up making a new front bracket myself. It is sort-of "C" shaped, with one leg of the "C" about 3/4" longer than the other. That provides the required 1/2" to 3/4" offset. I made the bracket out of 1" flat stock I got from Home Depot.

I might as well throw my pics into the mix too. :D

my03gt.jpg

shaking.gif

Attachments

• my03gt.jpg
    my03gt.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 83
  • shaking.gif
    shaking.gif
    258.1 KB · Views: 167
can you post pics of the bracket please? I can't decide if I want to go through the hassle of installing the new k-member or just making a bracket.

The only reason I can't center it is because the QA1 wasn't drilled right for the engine mounts and the engine tilts to the pass side about 2-3 inches. I don't blame QA1 at all, its mostly my fualt for not pumb bobbing and drilling to fit.