zex dry kit for efi on a carb

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by Roadblock, Jun 7, 2005.

1. Roadblock

Roadblock Founding Member

ok i have the zex dry kit (75, 100, 125) any way this thing uses the tps to activate.......i'm curently thinking of going carbed.........if i go i will use this new carb plate from zex (part #82040) any way is there a way for me to feed the tps voltage (5volts i belive) to the "brick"..... i dont wanna remedy this kit useless with the carb conversion........

i'm perfectly happy having the kit spray at the flip of a switch
  2. gt50stang89

gt50stang89 New Member

disregarding the tps part of the kit, i dont think it would work cause of the whole fuel pressure part of the "brick". that box controls the fuel psi according to the amount of nitrous so i think u would need to use it on efi since carb uses like 0-15 psi, not 0-100 like efi. i dont think u can bypass the vacuum lines either. better to give zex a call....

Sponsored Ad

3. D347643

D347643 Banned

dude just buy a hobbs switch, they make them for carbs and they're cheap. I had a Nx tps WOT switch for my car and i will never use one again. Just my opinion though....
  4. strtracer442

strtracer442 New Member

Ya cant use a dry kit on a carb application, there is no way for the controller to enrichen the fuel mixture. You must have a fuel and N2O solonoid for a carb application