Zex install...thoughts on running the feed line in the car?

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by DMAN302, Apr 24, 2007.

1. DMAN302

DMAN302 My mom says thanks for the pearl necklace.

As stated...thoughts on title topic? Also should I be running an inline fuse from the control box to the toggle?
  2. Woodrow

Woodrow Founding Member

From what I have seen, most run it thru the car with no problems. Can answer the fuse question I have never messed with any zex stuff, but I doubt it would hurt
  3. DMAN302

DMAN302 My mom says thanks for the pearl necklace.

Silly questions looking back..never a bad idea to run a fuse IMO. As for the feed line..just can't see any reason to plow two holes into the body when possibility of damaging a braided steel line in the car is near impossible IMO without trying pretty hard.
  4. 86bluecobra

86bluecobra Advanced Member

I run my nitrous line through the interior of my car. It enters the engine bay through a grommet in my firewall.
  5. DRock9

DRock9 New Member

Absolutely fine, nitrous is not flammable and if it starts to leak you can smell it...even if you get in a crash it probably wont end up leaking inside of the car.
  6. Danman765432

Danman765432 Member

Just wondering which side the grommet is on the foxes? either passenger or driver...on my 94 I ran it under my back seats, under the little side panel and up the driver side through the grommet, then across the back of the engine bay to where I mounted my solenoids on the passenger side by the strut tower.