zoom clutch cables... and routing

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by Red88 RICK, May 28, 2007.

1. Red88 RICK

Red88 RICK Member

I replaced my clutch cable with a junk ass autozone one that lasted about 3 days they replaced it and it lasted about 1 month it broke the other day i just bought a zoom clutch cable and quad kit from advaced auto are they good has anyone had experiences with it and does anyone have a pic of the corect routing liek where it bolts to the sidewall if they arnt good im going to return it b4 it even comes in cause i just checked on summit and the same kit is liek $15 less but if they are good then i just keep it cause it will get here faster than summit through them. thanks alot by the way it isnt a special clutch just a regular stock clutch with a t-5 tranny

2. slappy9090

slappy9090 New Member

I just purchased the steeda kit with adjuster, quadrand, and NON-adjustable cable (which is the better of the two. I am very impressed, pedal motion is smooth, cable was perfect couldnt be happier!

3. cenok is family

cenok is family Active Member

same thing happened to me with the autozone cables. broke one in about 3 days then another one in about 2 weeks. i've stretched/broken about 8-10 cables in the past 2 years. i've had the ford racing adjustable cable (http://store.summitracing.com/partd...1&part=FMS-M-7553-C302&N=700 115&autoview=sku) before, never had a problem with it so i just got another one to replace the stretched steeda cable currently in my car. a lot of people will say all adjustable cables are crap, which MOST are, but like i said, i've had a good experience with the ford racing one so i'm definitely willing to try it out again. good luck!