Horse Sense -  66 Coupe to Fastback Conversion

Horse Sense - 66 Coupe to Fastback Conversion

well i got the last pieces i was missing for the interior fiberglass. it fit right in place .i used the old blue panels to trim the new ones for the roll bar,perfect fit. i just used self drilling dry wall screws to attach every thing
for now .they are a little bit smaller than the trim screws and they drilled them selves .all i have to do is remove them and replace with trim screws.
the upper vent covers have to be trimmed still but that will be after i get the Shelby quarter windows.
  • Like
Reactions: restmod
i bolted on the hood hinges and the hood . i had to make the slots in the hinges about 1/8 inch longer. i figured on that because a fiberglass hood is usually thicker than a steel hood so the hinges need to go lower. i ran a tap through the bolt holes in the aprons first to clean out the epoxy primer .i found to put the hinge springs on ,take a large box end wrench or cresent wrench, hook the end of the spring on the hinge and the other on the wrench and now you have a handle to stretch the spring in place ,then just remove the wrench. i always add two more of the little brackets out in the middle of the cowl that support the ends of the hood ,the ones under the cowl seal,they help support the center of the fiberglass hood .they are hidden under the seal when need these in place when fitting the hood . the hood went on with out a problem.
very nice fit . i wish i could say the same about the fenders.i sat them in place to see how they would line up .they are flat ,no arch like they should have and the ends just shoot straight out instead of dropping off slightly at the end the way they should .they are going to be a problem.
  • Like
Reactions: restmod
i picked up the hood late friday. this is really a nice hood ,it's heavy and looks very smooth .the holes are drilled and threaded. i will be fitting it after the fenders have been fit to the doors ,i hope some time next week.
  • Like
Reactions: restmod
i haven't had much time to work on it lately ,been carpeting the house .
had to put down a new floor first .what a job :nonono:

i primered the end caps and side scoops and bolted them on ,just to keep them safe for now. i fit the R model front valance to the dynacorn fenders. the fenders needed a lot of work to reshape the lower part that meets up to the valance ,it wasn't even close to the right shape. i tried the valance to an old set of originals and they were a perfect fit . i had to use a sheet metal shrinker to form the lower part of the fenders because the metal just would not form by hand .i will not need any bondo they formed to fit nicely . i trimmed the mounting flange on the valance to match the flange on the fenders ,just to make it look a little cleaner ,and drilled the mounting holes and primed it front and back.
i ordered the Shelby type hood from Stang-Aholics ,it should be here by tomorrow. the doors are ready to prime and so are the small parts but the fenders still need fitting up to the doors then they will be ready to prime .
i got it off the rotisserie this morning .it only takes a few minutes with the lift .i just unbolt it and raise it up and wheel the rotisserie out in one piece .it took longer to move all the other cars out of the way first. next step will be primer the rest of the pieces and bolt them on for a final fit.