What's it Worth? ‘68 Cobra Restomod

It’s time :confused: to sell. I’m at a loss at the realistic value of my restomod. Can I get a referral for pricing strategies? Located in Missouri.
69294B54-EDAA-45D8-9865-92C99067FC40.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

So give us the run down, right now it's just a picture of a 68 coupe.
I pretty sure there were no 68 cobra coupes, there was a big block option that was called a 428 cobra jet so we need specifics.
So give us the run down, right now it's just a picture of a 68 coupe.
I pretty sure there were no 68 cobra coupes, there was a big block option that was called a 428 cobra jet so we need specifics.

Sorry I didn’t really expect a direct valuation here but a referral…
In response to the request:
1968 Mustang Cobra body
1998 Cobra 4.6L V8 Engine with 5 speed Tremec
2003 GT under carriage
2003 GT interior with touchscreen Boss Sound System
Foose wheels although two show flaking, 235/40ZR18 tires
Sequential taillights added, removed backup lights
Additional manual engine fan
Power windows, AC works
Nickel size dent on passenger side of hood

Plenty of photos available on request

Ok, semantics, my point is it's not a cobra, it's just a really nice 68 mustang with a 98 engine in it and nothing else to judge it by, if you're looking for honest opinions you have to give more honest info with pictures.

• Agree
Ok, semantics, my point is it's not a cobra, it's just a really nice 68 mustang with a 98 engine in it and nothing else to judge it by, if you're looking for honest opinions you have to give more honest info with pictures.
Cobra or not; this is what I know…
“The exception: Ford took over from Shelby in '68 and got a little excited with the Cobra name/marketing:

"For 1968, the Cobra name was applied to both models, and they were now marketed as the Shelby Cobra GT 350 and the Shelby Cobra GT 500."

Now for pictures, you tell me.
A5481536-F2D2-4B14-BFE4-01EF8CEB37A7.jpeg

You will have to explain to me why you don’t think it’s a Cobra. I’m not splitting hairs. Feel free to educate me....
As stated before, there was never a 1968 mustang cobra coupe, fastback, convertible, yes, no coupe,
Cobra or not; this is what I know…
“The exception: Ford took over from Shelby in '68 and got a little excited with the Cobra name/marketing:

"For 1968, the Cobra name was applied to both models, and they were now marketed as the Shelby Cobra GT 350 and the Shelby Cobra GT 500."

Now for pictures, you tell me.
A5481536-F2D2-4B14-BFE4-01EF8CEB37A7.jpeg
What you have is a 1968 mustang coupe with the 98 4.6 modular engine, if it is a cobra engine it will have the aluminum block and 4 cam heads. Do you know this to be true?
Accurate info is important to form an opinion on values.
This appears to be a very fine ride but you focus on the cobra part of your description, no mention of interior or suspension upgrades, wheels/tires, or even transmission type.
Take no offence to this, just info needed for value opinions.
Am I right that you did not build this car?

First... A GT isn't a GT unless it's a GT. The same goes for LX, Cobra, Shelby, Saleen, Roush, etc... The VIN# determins this and not car modifications or restorations.

Attempting to sell the car as a Cobra would be the very first thing that would raise alarm bells. It would not help your sale and would seem misleading.

• Agree
As stated before, there was never a 1968 mustang cobra coupe, fastback, convertible, yes, no coupe,

What you have is a 1968 mustang coupe with the 98 4.6 modular engine, if it is a cobra engine it will have the aluminum block and 4 cam heads. Do you know this to be true?
Accurate info is important to form an opinion on values.
This appears to be a very fine ride but you focus on the cobra part of your description, no mention of interior or suspension upgrades, wheels/tires, or even transmission type.
Take no offence to this, just info needed for value opinions.
Am I right that you did not build this car?
No offense taken. Here for info. I bought it built and only raised the front end slightly with new suspension as tires would rub fenders during turn. I’ve shown several times as a member of our Mustang club and never had the Cobra name challenged so that is why I asked for clarification. My description does list wheels (Foose) tranny (Tremec) and upgrades. Have you not been able to view my second post with description?

I am not trying to mislead anyone. I’m very open to telling and showing what I know. The VIN isn’t helping much with the combination of three Mustangs to create this classic car with newer customizations. I expect to take it to someone who can look and give me some ideas on the value.

I am not trying to mislead anyone. I’m very open to telling and showing what I know. The VIN isn’t helping much with the combination of three Mustangs to create this classic car with newer customizations. I expect to take it to someone who can look and give me some ideas on the value.
I didn't think you were but you were asking why it was important.

Yeah, the vin # will be of no use, and I must have glazed over that post with specifics, sorry.
And yes it may be a good idea to get an evaluation, I would contact Hagarty and see if they know of someone in your area to look at it, a regular appraiser may not give you a informed opinion.