‘83 T-top Coupe - It’s Too Cold

33years of that stuff,12 of them plowing and saltspeading,then sewering and scattering.
I hung up my ice scraper and shovel , sold my tire chains and moved out west.
23 years and never had to plow the sunshine .
65 today and 70+ all weeklong.

Reactions: 2 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Got this for Christmas. I really like it and it's from ALABAMA! Lol. I haven't tried the other varieties.

20220206_200919.jpg

So I ordered a new 1/2” belt sander. I had one from harbor freight before, it got worn out. I decided to upgrade to one from Walmart.:chin

I got a couple boxes of 36grit belts for it too. The belts were more expensive than the sander, lol.

Basically I’m getting everything I need for when I get the next nice weather day. When that happens, I’ll post pictures.
Wen is a good brand on Amazon also if that one doesn’t work out

Got my new 1/2” belt sander in today.
B2E7EBAE-6799-4F68-BB5B-66756F8BF083.jpeg

The tip is steel, unlike the rubber tip on the hf one I’ve used in the past. Hopefully this means it’ll last longer.
BC37A4A3-84B5-4FC1-AEE9-3875A9085065.jpeg

I should have my sanding belts tomorrow.

The weather has changed for the weekend, it’ll be in the mid forty‘s on Saturday now. I’ll still work on Booger with that.

Ok, I’ve done nothing on booger today……….:fuss:

The weather is in the thirties and there is a nice breeze going on. My big old fat butt isn’t going out to the garage today.

That said, tomorrow is supposed to be almost 60*. Sure, the super bowl is on tomorrow, but that’s not till later.

I have to work for a couple hours tomorrow morning, then it’s back home to the garage. Tomorrow I will finish up the welds and get the crossmember cut out for where the old upper control arm brackets were. Who knows? I may even get it welded in. Not real likely though, I’ll want to clean the piece up before welding it in.

I‘ll have to put the irs frame back in to check the amount of room I’ll have for the crossmember first. I have 1”,1.5”, and 2” square tubing that I can use for the crossmember. I may just use the 1” tubing. That should be stronger than what was there, but I do seem to like over kill, so who knows. Any thoughts on the size from yall?

Reactions: 1 user
Ok Mike, @Mustang5L5 , I bought something because of you……..
976B2AB5-9A2A-49A1-A729-F2A7446067BD.jpeg
5114D399-54E4-40EC-85A4-2411FFE40579.jpeg

The boys are over for the Super Bowl today. I’m grilling some rib-eyes and we’ll try it after (sure, I may have a test taste or two prior:demon:).
I‘ll work on Booger in a bit.

Reactions: 6 users
Ok, it’s all Mike’s ( @Mustang5L5 ) fault.

I was going to work on Booger yesterday, but I may have tried a little more of that whiskey than might be considered useful for working.

But it’s glorious out today, mid sixties.

So after work I’ll get busy on it.

• Agree
So I actually got out! What a freaking beautiful day:nice:.

I mostly got the right subframe dressed. I want to follow up with my die grinder and two inch grinding discs to prep it for a small wipe of bondo. There a couple small areas there I want to address first.
7FC1E350-49AB-4127-B3B4-54F5961A97D3.jpeg

I used my new 1/2” belt sander with 36 grit belts, it did really well. I like this sander much more than the hf version. I also cleaned up a bit with my dewalt 5” grinder and flap wheel.
0618591B-C25D-4759-8458-1E6BED82D9EF.jpeg

I was going to stop there, but I couldn’t help wanting to dress a bit of the left frame rail. I just did a quick bit on it. It’ll probably take another half hour to full hour to finish that side.
5450CB4C-ED53-4230-ADFF-7C157DE39600.jpeg

We’re supposed to have really nice weather the next two days, so I’ll get a bit done. Maybe even a wipe of mud to smooth it all out.

THEN, Thursday we’re supposed to get snow.:nonono:

I must admit I had help. My old trustworthy friend.
ECE13E93-F733-4C15-812E-4C587F1A447D.jpeg

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 7 users
I'm glad you are back at it, Dave. I was just about to buy a HF belt sander but am researching options. I'm no where near getting back to Dusty yet. I want to buy a lift first so it'll be a few more weeks.

I'm glad you are back at it, Dave. I was just about to buy a HF belt sander but am researching options. I'm no where near getting back to Dusty yet. I want to buy a lift first so it'll be a few more weeks.
Buy this Wen model over the hf one Scott.

It’s smaller and lighter. It doesn’t have as powerful of a motor as the hf one, but in use I didn’t notice at all.

When it gets down to it, neither is close to a good air sander. These don’t require a large compressor to drive them though.

Plus both of these are under 40 bucks :nice: . Important info when you’ve just blown ridiculous amounts of money on some whiskey….

Okie dokie, Saturday is supposed to be about perfect. Mid 70’s and sunshine! Excellent :nice:

So I should have all sorts of pictures this coming weekend. Except for a brief Walmart visit first thing, I’m spending the rest of the day with my Booger……….it’s a true love story……..don’t judge me…….

Last edited: