Progress Thread “Rising from Ashes 2” 95 Saleen S-351 build

Question: the little white tabs that hold (with tape) the wires against the panels, where do you get them or what do you use?
I just save them when I’m tearing down cars and retape into the harness when I’m redoing. I’ve got hundreds of them now from pulling them over the years. But you can also get them in the body clips help section of a NAPA or if you have a clip guy that goes to all the body shops selling

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Off topic but damn I’m tired of sanding Saleen Leman wheels
654C0887-B2BC-4046-A3AD-486CDFF103F5.jpeg
55EC9F23-DCAA-4867-9B0A-172F18B292E9.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users
I need a set of the 10" Wheels. I have a lot of 18x8.5 (Front and Rears) in both Speedline Lemans (pictured) and Speedline Magnesium. All the 10" I end up with are usually so damaged they can't be repaired.
I am working on 3 sets of lemans right now. One chromed set with 10 inch rears. One formally chrome set With 10 inch rears in the pics that I stripped and will be doing in gold. Then one set of 18 x8.5s. I will be widening the rears on those to 11 inches and then doing them in silver.

Reactions: 1 user
Question(s) for you sir. The export tail lights, how do you wire yours up? I know there is some good articles online, but I'm curious on how you do it. I was actually able to source about a dozen trunk harnesses that connect to the fuel inertia switch, fuel pump and both tail lights from some exports (The benefit of having employees worldwide and most are car enthusiast). I'm about to install a set of tail lights on my car. Just like to know how you do yours.

Also what do you recommend to use to repair plastic pieces. I believe in one of your build pages you fixed a Recaro piece and am curious on that as well.

@SorsCode
I just make my own harnesses for the export lights. They plug straight in and then just unpin the brake interrupt under the dash and go slower flasher and done. I have 94/5 96-01 5 pin export harnesses just piled in a box.
on repairs for the exports. I’ve fixed a ton of them. Usually the broken pieces are still the box when I get them but regardless.
i plastic weld the pieces together. Then sand. Then I use a rock hard two part epoxy to reinforce. Sand it smooth. Little filler, sand smooth. Then primer. Sand then I texture them to match factory and finish with trim black

That paint. It's too pretty to drive because then you'll have to clean it. How do you keep the car swirl free over time? It's going to get dirty at some point and have to be washed.
Thanks. I make it pretty slick so usually nothing sticks and I just hose them off after driving. Here’s the key to taking care of nice paint. Don’t freakin touch it. Don’t drive it somewhere and and then start wiping it down with towels, don’t clean a spot with ur shirt. Don’t put a car cover on it unless freshly washed. Only touch it when it’s wet and then cleaned and dry, you can wipe down. Worst case. 1hr with a buffer I can make any paint look good

Reactions: 2 users