Progress Thread “Rising from Ashes 7” 85 GT T-Top build thread

27 huh?….I was done and said never again after 1.

Its really a giant pain in the ass to go through all of that only to have 10-20% of that work visible after the engine‘s back in the car.
It is but so is painting the bottom
Of the car or powdercoating the rear end and everthing under there. Ceramic
Coating the exhaust etc…. just seperates the cars in my opinion. Plus since I delete most everything I can…you can see a little more.

• Winner
Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

Its really a giant pain in the ass to go through all of that only to have 10-20% of that work visible after the engine‘s back in the car.

I hear ya there. I did some wire hiding on my 94 Cobra clone before I dropped the engine in. With the stock intake and battery in place, you can't see that I did a damn thing. *sigh*

I haven't hidden anything. LoL I still have A/C, EGR, and a Kenne Bell. My engine bay looks like:

%2F79%2Faa%2F09%2F79aa0906cfc3ffcd82c2e25d3c0cc3de.jpg

• Haha
OK, so you like pushrod motors in old Foxes, but you have probably done a million of them. Is there anything in the pushrod world that you haven't done that you want to do? I like @SorsCode 's suggestion of the 408/427. You could break the universe and put in one of those new Ford electric crate motors! :runaway:

• Angry
The EV is doable but really?
I like the modular engine because it can be easy HP with grocery getter driveability, can be dependable with decent fuel mileage.
I don't like the modular engine for the cost of stuff like headers for instance, 1k to 1500 bucks for a set? Budget buster.

The EV is doable but really?
I like the modular engine because it can be easy HP with grocery getter driveability, can be dependable with decent fuel mileage.
I don't like the modular engine for the cost of stuff like headers for instance, 1k to 1500 bucks for a set? Budget buster.
Im not big on electric. If its not a loud gas hog, I cant do it. If anything Id do the 780 horse 5.2 2020 shelby motor thats 25k. But again… still a way out from motor choice anyway.

• Hell Yeah!