0-60 times

Ignore all the stuff about manual vs. automatic... If anything, the auto is a little faster in straight line acceleration, because you get perfect shifts every time! People will argue, but the truth is an auto is under control of a computer. Idk. But anyways...

You should be sub-5 seconds with your mods. What does the butt dyno read?

• Sponsors (?)

Many variables affect acceleration times, like traction(burning rubber in 3 gears is not helping your times as previously mentioned), altitude(high elevation slows accel.), ambient temperature(hot air slows accel.), relative humidity(juicy air slows accel.), manufacturing and assembly tolerances(a factory freak accelerates faster), etc.
If you performed the 5.77 sec. test during the heat of the day with a fully heatsoaked engine, then you may be able to decrease it by allowing the engine to completely cool down, disconnecting the battery for 30 minutes and reconnecting it to clear the PCM's adaptive learning data, and doing a 0-60 test with the engine only partially warmed up either in the early morning or at night when the ambient temp is cooler.

This is exactly what I was trying to get at. 0-60 times are quoted at or around sea-level. Altitude will have a huge effect once you get above 1000feet or so. If you living above 1000 feet, your not going to get below 5 sec. I live in Denver, 5280 feet, and my 0-60 is probably 7 sec. or something ridiculously crappy like that. My best quarter mile is 14.8. Now.. the competition is the same, because everyone is negatively effected by the same amount. I ran with a Roush charged vert that pulled a 14.6. Most stock Mustangs up here run 15s.