0 to 60

• Sponsors (?)

Sorry to hear about your women guys. I've been blessed with a good wife, and I'm mighty grateful. She's as much of a Mustang nut as I am.

My '05 GT auto 'vert with a CAI, 89 octane tune, underdrives and aluminum driveshaft turns between 5 and 5.1 s with no attempt at a good launch. Out on the bypass highway (speed limit 55) when the light turns green, floor it even with TC on. OK, so 60 is a little illegal, but not much. Maybe I could do a little better with a more aggresive launch technique, but I'm not a racer and I don't want to burn off too much of those expensive Pirellis.

NorthwestGT said:
Sorry to hear about your women guys. I've been blessed with a good wife, and I'm mighty grateful. She's as much of a Mustang nut as I am.

My '05 GT auto 'vert with a CAI, 89 octane tune, underdrives and aluminum driveshaft turns between 5 and 5.1 s with no attempt at a good launch. Out on the bypass highway (speed limit 55) when the light turns green, floor it even with TC on. OK, so 60 is a little illegal, but not much. Maybe I could do a little better with a more aggresive launch technique, but I'm not a racer and I don't want to burn off too much of those expensive Pirellis.

If you are referring to the 17" stocker tires, they are $79 each over at www.tirerack.com...a real bargain!!!!!

Only kidding about burning up the Pirelli's. As I said, I'm not a racer so I don't do any burnouts.

Actually, the Pirellis are pretty good. I had BFG T/A Comps (Z-rated) on my '96 and they were great on hot dry pavement. But any moisture, and they would spin like crazy. I've already driven in snow and freezing rain with my '05, and had no problems.

Should have married military

Marine One said:
You should count your blessings on the zero to bitch in 2 seconds. My ex-wife took from zero to about 50 grand to get there.
Went through the same thing, military divorces are very one sided. After surviving that I married a WAC I met at Walter Reed. We both retired six years ago, she went to med school, I went to work. We both draw retirement at 44. I got a little bit of a limp and my car tags are free, but it was worth it now looking back.:flag: