00 gt front susp help! 2"drop

wondering if any of you know a good strut setup for a 00 gt coupe with a 2" drop
I have bilstiens on but they are freaking out i had stock struts on and they were shot so i got the bils, after the bils were installed i now notice my car rubs badly around turns inside the wheel well like there is no pressure in the strut.
I tried to save some cash on getting the struts installed by a cheap crackhead shop.. but when he was done my hood wouldnt close right.. just BARELY sticks up a little more now.. and my car rides like hell.
wondering if their is somthing he might have done wrong? or mabey these struts just are not right for my drop.
any advice would be apprichiated.

• Sponsors (?)

Firemanz said:
Hey dude, post this in the 4.6 tech section. You'll get more of a respose...... :)
No if i post it in the tech section i will get.

"Dude why would you lower your car 2inchs... you should just drop it 3/4 of an inch and put some cobra R's on!"

99% of the people on this site are moron butt rockers with the exact same lame ass set up on their car... bullits.. thrusts.. welds or some other cheap ass gay wheel in a 16 ot 17 and they throw on a spring that barly drops the car... i came in here to ask about it becouse i figured more people in here would know about the 2" drop. :bang:

I have a 2.5" drop and am not a "moron butt rocker". I'd say that the guy who but the struts in didn't know his "butt rocker" from a hole in the ground. The Bilstein's are a quality piece and should work well with a 2 inch drop. Ford uses them on the SVT Cobra,SVT Focus, and the Lightning.

I have the Bilsteins on all four corners, my drop with the Steeda Cobra Sports was just about 1.5" all around. While I have no idea what the problem is with your ride -- and am not discounting the possibility the Bils were installed improperly -- I suspect it is your springs (in my defense, I'm not familar with the "sprint sport springs" you mention in your sig). If you are bottoming out and rubbing, I'd say you may need a beefier spring. I'd suggest www.corner-carvers.com, but be careful asking questions over there...

Maybe try doing the work yourself next time that way if something screws up you only have yourself to blame.

As for the Bils, probably the best shock and strut out there. I would say if your tires are rubbing you need an alignment.