'01 Cobra Mods

fox1x

Oct 3, 2005
Northwest Ohio
Hey, I don't drive the Cobra, but my good friend at work does. He's paid off the car and has done some pretty awesome suspension work to the car. I don't know a ton about the Cobra's, so I thought I'd slip over here to see what I could find. What kinds of bolt-ons do you all suggest for this car? The only part as far as power adders is a cold air intake. He may decide on gears later, but besides that, what do the '01 Cobra's like? Thanks for the input.

• Sponsors (?)

What type of suspension mods does he already have?

The cold air intake is helpful.

Tell him to get gears, gears, gears first.

Gear ratio will depend on his main use for the car, of course. City driving only? Mostly highway/cruising? Drag strip only? Road race/open track car? Run a search for "gears" and you'll find lots of threads covering the popular gear ratios (3.73, 4.10, 4.30, 4.56, etc).

Have him consider a new midpipe and catback exhaust system as well (if he doesn't already have this done).

IMHO, those are the key bolt ons to get him going. There's other bolt on mods out there as well, but they won't deliver as much "bang for the buck" as the aforementioned ones.

He can always look into getting a chip/custom dyno tune too to maximize his mods...

G'luck! :cheers: