01 Cobra seats Installed

Silvergto2

Jun 8, 2005
UTAH
Pics turned out dark since the flash on my camera isn't working but you get the idea atleast.

CobraSeats6.jpg

CobraSeats3.jpg

CobraSeats2.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

They look really good. Not much for the Cobra emblem in the GT though. :D J/K

I knew that was coming :rolleyes: Thanks for the compliment though. I actually represent that its a GT well. It says GT on the gauges and I have the MGW "GT" cig lighter, etc.

I bought these seats for $860 shipped, not a bad deal. Besides I know they aren't the 03 Cobras, but these are still nice and are way better than my leather GT seats.

Yeah I knew you were probably gonna get some grief about it so I figured I would get you first!!:rlaugh:

Hey do you have a pic of the GT sig lighter? Do you like it after you have it in there? I was thinking about it, but kinda on the fence about it.

Yeah I knew you were probably gonna get some grief about it so I figured I would get you first!!:rlaugh:

Hey do you have a pic of the GT sig lighter? Do you like it after you have it in there? I was thinking about it, but kinda on the fence about it.

I don't have a pic handy but I'll tell you what, MGW's is top notch I have just about everything from them installed in my car and the funny thing is anytime someone sits in my car, especially someone that doesn't know anything about mustangs or cars in general, always says something positive about my cig lighter. I bought mainly because I lost the cheap plastic thing ford had in there.

I haven't lost the cheap thing, but I think it is just that "cheap". I saw the Steeda one that American Muscle, has but I saw the GT one somewhere, and really liked it, but didn't have a pic of it in the car.

I haven't lost the cheap thing, but I think it is just that "cheap". I saw the Steeda one that American Muscle, has but I saw the GT one somewhere, and really liked it, but didn't have a pic of it in the car.

Here's the link to MGW's website and to the cig lighters so you can see what they look like. I got the GT lighter that was silver anodize.

http://www.mgwltd.com/mustang_lighter.shtml

I also have just about everything else they sell in silver anodize for my interior

Oh wow those are better than the ones that I saw before. The one I was thinking about was billet. Those look a lot cooler, not as flashy. Thanks for the link. I'll be looking at getting one of those.

Silvergto2,
I just picked up a front set of 01 Cobra seats today - used in almost as good condition. Any hints on getting them installed? Do the connectors just plug in or do you have to do anything to get them to work? Thanks.

Silvergto2,
I just picked up a front set of 01 Cobra seats today - used in almost as good condition. Any hints on getting them installed? Do the connectors just plug in or do you have to do anything to get them to work? Thanks.

Nice pickup on the seats!! :nice: Straight forward on the install, like mentioned above direct swap. The back bolts can be a little tough to break loose, I used my torque wrench to give me some leverage to get them loose. Post pics once you get them in. Are they the same color as mine?

Nice pickup on the seats!! :nice: Straight forward on the install, like mentioned above direct swap. The back bolts can be a little tough to break loose, I used my torque wrench to give me some leverage to get them loose. Post pics once you get them in. Are they the same color as mine?

Thanks and they appear to be the same as yours (including the color) and were from a wrecked 2001 cobra. These were tough to find and now will try to find the rears now. Will do on the pics, but I've the same grey interior panels, so they should look the same in there - I would believe. I'll keep my fingers crossed in the install as mine is a 98GT with power drivers cloth and hope that the connectors are the same. Somehow, I didn't realize you have a new edge when I saw this thread.

Good idea, I break out the breaker bar for leverage on those bolts.:flag:

Thanks and they appear to be the same as yours (including the color) and were from a wrecked 2001 cobra. These were tough to find and now will try to find the rears now. Will do on the pics, but I've the same grey interior panels, so they should look the same in there - I would believe. I'll keep my fingers crossed in the install as mine is a 98GT with power drivers cloth and hope that the connectors are the same. Somehow, I didn't realize you have a new edge when I saw this thread.

I've heard you might have to modify the wiring harness to get it to connect correctly but I'm not sure. Either way, I know you can make it work, I've seen pics of local Mustangs with your body style with 03-04 Cobra seats in them.

heres the rears for you! just came accross this after I read the thread... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004...002QQitemZ120232152553QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Thanks for checking. Those are 03/04 Cobra rear seats however with a different color leather portion, dark charcoal, instead of black. The ones I would need to match would be out of a 99 or 01. Keep looking for yourself if you really like them and don't hesitate when you do see them come up.

FYI: I believe the 99 cobras came with the new edge GT Seats and not these type. I know these seats are pretty rare. One place I would watch is MPSAutosalvage.com. They get new wrecked mustangs all the time and part them out. I have seen 01 Cobras in the past on there. You're also going to have a better chance on being able to get just the rears seats as well. I just now got back from sitting in my seats and man they are WAY more comfortable and look WAY better. I wanted to mention that before you install your seats, make sure you do the recline mod to it. I can't stand how they only recline to a certain point. Here's the how to on it http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/recline.htm. I did it and now they fully recline :nice: These seats are easily in the top 3 best mods I have ever done to my car (including the supercharger).