'01 Roush Stage 3

Taz_Saleen

Apr 11, 2004
Okay, my friend is about to get a great deal on an '01 Stage 3 Roush Mustang, pretty sick; so we're really excited and have been doing a lot of research (our first summer in a car that will do less than 5 seconds for 0-60).

We have read up on all the specs and can't wait to kill ricers at the late night meets this summer, as I understand it a Stage 3 does about 4.6 for 0-60 and 12.9-13.0 for quarters. But what we have also read is that the Eaton Supercharger on the Roush is running at only 6 psi, we understang that this is to keep the engine nice and healthy, but we have a few questions we hope you guys (or girls) could answer...

1. Can the boost be raised to 9 or 10 psi without a problem (safely)? or will this require further engine building on top of what Roush has done?

2. If the boost is increased about 3 psi, about how much faster will the Roush run? (0-60 and 1/4-mile)

3. Has anyone done something similar to this? (tips or suggestions)

Thanks!​

• Sponsors (?)

Im not positive, but pritty sure you can up the boost with a pulley. As far as safety, you can never go wrong if you get a good dyno tune and keep it around or under 425 to the rear wheels, im not sure how well the roush blowers preform. I know they get 380 out of them in the 380R. I believe the 380Rs are the stock shortblock as well. Check out fnsweet.com if you want to learn more about a roush. The stages 3 are definately nice cars, good luck to your buddy.

Check out the Chicane Sport webpage. There's a lot of discussion on pully swaps for the Saleen Eaton blowers and what you need to do to avoid blowing your engine.