02 gt or 02-04 wrx?

93 teal terror

Founding Member
Jul 13, 2001
Durham N.C.
Which would you guys pick? I was looking at spending 15-18k on a used wrx but today i found an awesome deal on a 02 gt. 14k with 3k miles on it. The car is owned by the owner of a local mustang shop. The motor was pulled with 1500 miles on it and a new motor built for it. The motor never quite ran right (come to find out it was a poorly machined head) and sat in the shop most of the time. The stock motor is back in it and I test drove it an everything seems to be fine. The only mods to it are springs, 3:73s, and subframes. Its red with grey leather and the seats look like theyve never been sat in. Has chrome stock wheels from a newer gt i believe on it. Normally I wouldnt consider a car like this but these guys do top notch work. Whaddya think?

• Sponsors (?)

Well since your in Durham NC, it probably doesn't snow much. I say go for the GT. Everytime I want to get a Cobra, that f'n 4 letter word pops up into my head. That's why I'm getting an Sti sometime in the near future. Sounds like a fairly good deal on that GT.

i say get the gt and put a 1.7L kb on it!!!!!

to hell with those japanese cars, i was underneath of a 02 wrx last night and i was not impressed with the engineering.

the rear suspension looked like it was lifted from a neon, the trans/transfer case looked pencil thin, the back of the motor sat even with the front of the front tire.

there were other shortfalls, but those others are shared with the gt. for instance--smallish front brakes, non-vented rear rotors. just my .02.