02 manual mustang gt transmission knocking after aftermarket clutch and flywheel install

Timothyeg

Aug 23, 2020
Sayre pa
Hi everyone, I have been having issues with this same mustang of mine for months.I had a mcleod street pro clutch with a mcleod lightweight flywheel installed.oh yeah and a bbk clutch cable.I have owned this car for a long time now and I know every peep it makes and where that noise comes from.This car was quiet as can be until the mechanic changed these parts.I took the car in to have my flywheel clutch installed etc.. and when I picked it up and drove it 2 miles to my house it was making these knocking noises. If you push the clutch in the knocking and rattling sound goes away. When you let the clutch out to where things are engaged the sounds come back. It's not the throwout bearing. I am in neutral when doing these tests.The car has also been a little notchy when shifting lately. It seems a little rough to shift and the weather has been warmer the last couple of days.It seems to shift better when it's much colder for some reason in warm weather lately it seems like a dry shift with not much lubrication. Anyway is there anything anyone could think of that could have went wrong during the installation of the flywheel and street pro clutch kit?Does it sound l uh ke a bad throwout bearing or bad flywheel? It doesn't seem it would be those parts.If someone has a good idea please let me know.i would owe you big time ,and I take care of my friends! The car only has 75,000 miles on it.I have too much money tied up into it.I could probably explain it better over the phone if someone is open to that.I don't want to loose this car. THANK YOU!

• Sponsors (?)

My McLoed clutch made all kinds of noise for the first week I put it in. I thought it was totally wrong somewhere inside. It also chattered a little. Your sounds like a worse issue than mine perhaps, but after a couple years it's perfect now. Ex the occasional slipping from oil from a bad seal. You are supposed to go easy on it in the beginning, but I would use it a little to get it to work in.

Timothy - the noise you're hearing isn't normal. The Street Pro clutch uses an organic material similar to stock. It uses a higher clamp load pressure plate but not enough to be noticeable. I would call into our tech line at 714-630-2764 and talk to one of our tech guys as there is probably something else going on. Our guys know their stuff and will help you out. I would probably ask for Fred. He's been doin this for almost 40 years and knows his stuff.

Reactions: 1 users
Timothy - the noise you're hearing isn't normal. The Street Pro clutch uses an organic material similar to stock. It uses a higher clamp load pressure plate but not enough to be noticeable. I would call into our tech line at 714-630-2764 and talk to one of our tech guys as there is probably something else going on. Our guys know their stuff and will help you out. I would probably ask for Fred. He's been doin this for almost 40 years and knows his stuff.
I actually think I talked to him.He wasn't quite sure.All I know is it happened during the installation of clutch and flywheel. The sound was absolutely not there before he changed everything out!.I don't know what this mechanic did,but he's the one that did it. It's not a coincidence. He's not taking responsibility for it though. I think he has an idea he's just not saying anything.I have thousands of dollars into this car and it really ****** me off because he's not the one that's out the money and he got paid to do it.Car was quiet as can be before and I don't miss a thing.J hear everything every sound there is out of this car,and this sound was not there.Something to do with the installation.

My McLoed clutch made all kinds of noise for the first week I put it in. I thought it was totally wrong somewhere inside. It also chattered a little. Your sounds like a worse issue than mine perhaps, but after a couple years it's perfect now. Ex the occasional slipping from oil from a bad seal. You are supposed to go easy on it in the beginning, but I would use it a little to get it to work in.
Pete it's been about 5 months since install and the noise it's making was there after install and hasn't went away.If you are in neutral and have clutch out it will knock faster as you push the gas down more.If you push the clutch in and give it gas in neutral it is quiet as a mouse. Definitely coming from the tranny area.Does this maybe r UK ng a bell at what it might possibly be?