Roush 02 saleen intercooler temp's...

pbm.cc

Jun 24, 2004
the gauge in the car starts at 0degrees and after driving for about 10-15mins its at 160 degrees! and if I turn the a/c on it climbs to 180-190!!!

I think the pump is working! I hear the fans kick on... what else?! could it be that the intercooler is cloged?

any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

Open the intercooler coolant tank to make sure the coolant is flowing and check that it's full. I had a leak at my intercooler pump once that only leaked when the car was running for awhile so I didn't notice it. Also make sure your heatexchanger isn't damaged.

I just recently added 4oz of redline water wetter to mine and have not had the temp over 160. Picked up a 12oz bottle at autozone for $10.

Open the intercooler coolant tank to make sure the coolant is flowing and check that it's full. I had a leak at my intercooler pump once that only leaked when the car was running for awhile so I didn't notice it. Also make sure your heatexchanger isn't damaged.

I just recently added 4oz of redline water wetter to mine and have not had the temp over 160. Picked up a 12oz bottle at autozone for $10.

I washed the car yesterday and I noticed a little of coolant around the coolant tank. I didnt think much of it cause I honestly didnt know if it was coolant of water from washing it (i was cleaning the motor at the car wash, so I had JUST watered down the entire car). Can we do a coolant flush on the intercooler like we can do it on the motor?

I will check it tomorrow when I either get home from work or when I get to work.

I had just heard alot that the heat exchanger lines would create build up in the intercooler and blockage. But good idea.
=):nice:

ok, so I drove it to work, took off the coolant resvior caps and witched them out, both temps didnt change when I got home, and the intercooler temp still showed 160degrees, I popped the hood, and opened the intercooler resevoir and the water looked like it was flowing, It seemed like it had no pressure, and it felt cool. I touched the 90 degree fitting on the left side of the tank and it too was way cool, My shift knob may had felt warmer.

Yah, think its the sensor or the gauge? where is the intercooler temp sensor located on this car? and are the gauges known to mess up, cause my boost gauge is stuck at 9psi till I get on it then its like 14psi lol... on a stock pulley. =)