02 Stang w/ trac contrl prob

Saleen666

Apr 29, 2003
San Diego CA
After shredding through the factory(goodyear :notnice: ) tires for 40k miles i decided to get some new tires. bought some Yoko's same size same as the factory. look a little more low profile look to them. anyway because my 02 stang came with the slip differential it also came with the traction control. soo now when i get to about 40-50mph the traction control kicks and boggs down the engine. Boggs i mean takes any means necessary to slow down the engine. thinkn because i had run the goodyear down to almost metal i unhooked the battery to reset the computer, but to no avail still traction control kicks in around 40mph and doesnt let off at all. any suggestion on what may be the problem??

• Sponsors (?)

I assume the Low Trac light is on, right? Which is what's making you think it's the traction control?

Something about this is very very wrong. There's just no way your wheels are slipping at that speed and in a tall gear on dry pavement.

I wonder if the people that changed your tires didn't damage one of the wheel speed sensors? That's the only reason I can think of that would cause the traction control to kick in like that.