03-04 Cobra aluminum flywheel in a tr3650??

EPIK

Jul 3, 2004
LEFT COAST
I am getting ready to install a centerforce dual friction clutch in my 03 Mach. My buddy has a lower mileage 03-04 Cobra stock aluminum flywheel that I can get for next to nothing... This might be a noob question, but will this flywheel bolt up on my Mach without any modification??? Any info will help...Thanks:flag:

• Sponsors (?)

I dont' think they are aluminum stock.....are they?

Yup. The 03-04 Cobra's are aluminum from the factory. The only reason my buddy changed his is because he went with a twin disk 26 spline setup & it came with another aluminum flywheel. I have the flywheel sitting in my garage right now & its frickin light as hell...I have never changed a clutch on my modulars, but I did the clutch & flywheel on my 95 last year, & I remember that stock flywheel was ALOT heavier than this aluminum 1 I have from the Cobra. mach 1's have regular old cast iron flywheels but they are 8 bolt instead of 6 like the GT's. I just wasnt sure if the Cobra 1 was a direct bolt on, but I think i found my answer on mach1registry.com

Okay, now that I know it fits, is it worth while to put an aluminum flywheel in my Mach??? I have been searching through threads & seeing mixed opinions over aluminum & steel flywheels?? will it be harder to launch with the aluminum, & will my car feel like i lost torque down low?? I didnt think so, but I came across a few people saying that while searching???

Also, are the 03-04 cobra aluminum flywheels able to be resurfaced???

Don't try to resurface the 03/04 flywheel. I believe they can be surfaced up to somewhere around .015". I just put a clutch in my buddies 03 and we had to buy a whole new flywheel. Supposedly they make an insert for them but from what I've heard they are garbage. And yes, I love my Fidanza, makes rev matching a breeze.