03-04 Cobra mods and power increase

• Sponsors (?)

I sent 03mustangcobra an email with an address to send his dyno sheet to and I'll host/post it for him here in this thread. I'm wondering if his numbers are STD or SAE? If those are SAE numbers and he's running through the stock exhaust then he's got one very strong Terminator.

U.M.

03mustangcobra said:
Does anyone have an opinion on doing long tube headers on 03-04 cobra's ,but leaving the rest of the exhaust stock? Any potential power gain?
Not a good bang-for-the-buck mod on a mildly modified 03/04. If you were running big boost with a KB or Whipple it would make more sense, but in this instance the cost of the headers plus the MAJOR PITA it is to install them just ain't worth it. Your next mod should be a cat-back & mid-pipe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

U.M.

03mustangcobra said:
Yeah, I know the cat back and and X make more sense, but I hated the drone at highway speeds on my 04 GT. I would really like the power, but don't want the drone, or loudness that this might cause.
Well the right combo won't drone, but there's not a lot you can do about the noise! Bassani does make a cat-back that allows you to add baffles to the tips. I believe the Bassani baffles will even fit the Magnaflow tips. Still will be louder than stock. No way around that. The price you pay for easy HP.... :D

U.M.

As promised here is 03mustangcobra's dyno sheet. Pretty impressive for such minimal mods.

2003dyno.gif

Attachments

• 2003dyno.gif
    2003dyno.gif
    148.9 KB · Views: 57
nice A/F! You may want to try just a Magnaflow catback. I ran just the maggies with the stock midpipe for awhile, and the drone was not there at all.

Damn, I can not believe that you are running the stock exhaust!! You have alot more will power then any of us! These cars are WAAAAAYYYY too nasty to be as quite as they are from the factory!

Dan_Soprano said:
nice A/F! You may want to try just a Magnaflow catback. I ran just the maggies with the stock midpipe for awhile, and the drone was not there at all.

Damn, I can not believe that you are running the stock exhaust!! You have alot more will power then any of us! These cars are WAAAAAYYYY too nasty to be as quite as they are from the factory!

That might be worth a try.

Dan_Soprano said:

Ok, how can I be running more power than you? You have a Kenne Bell on, that should be good for 550-600rwhp, or am I way off?