'03 Cobra dyno #'s

• Sponsors (?)

Check out www.dynoperformance.com
I've read anywhere from 360-370rwhp stock. My baseline run on a Dyno jet was 396rwhp 387rwtq with a drop-in K&N and a Bassani Cat back. :p I dynoed at 409rwhp :p and 390rwtq with the installation of a Bassani O/R X pipe and densecharger Cai. Strap it down and let us Know........best of luck.

2003 Cobra :banana:
Densecharger CAI
Bassani Catback
Bassani o/r x pipe
Pro 50 shifter
mgw shifter handle
409rwhp Dynojet
380rwtq

See sig, my dyno was a Dynojet the Cobra had a little over 2k miles at the time. The only Mod was welded in magnapack mufflers.

P.S. Thanks U.M. I saw the thread when you posted a pic of the "Tick" wasnt ready for it..... spit my coffee through my nose and almost fell off my chair laughing

20th turbo said:
P.S. Thanks U.M. I saw the thread when you posted a pic of the "Tick" wasnt ready for it..... spit my coffee through my nose and almost fell off my chair laughing

Your Welcome!

Normally the Tick is no laughing matter....but when you've had your motor yanked out of the car twice in less than 3000 miles, you just got to have a sense of humor about it!

U.M.

Dyno sheet attached for stock and tuned numbers on a superflow dyno.

Later
Jason

attachment.php

Attachments

• dyno.jpg
    dyno.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 839
At 5000mi, with stock catback and air filter- but with a bassani catted x-pipe and removed air silencer as the only changes, my car put down 396/415 SAE

It's pretty stout from the factory :)

32vmonster said:
has anyone seen the "mach won!" in the mmff? there was a very crappy 308rwhp on an 03' cobra(against the mach1) i was like what the heck? :shrug:

If you read the article, they stated it was on a mustang dyno, thus the lower numbers. The guy who owns that particular Mach has posted over at SVTPerformance. He is running 10psi with an x-pipe, cat-back and I believe dynoed about 430rwhp on a dynojet. He ran an 11.9@120 with that set-up though I'm not sure of the details of the run (slicks, dr's, etc). A good centrifugal set-up is no joke especially on a 4.6 DOHC.

95GTS said:
If you read the article, they stated it was on a mustang dyno, thus the lower numbers. The guy who owns that particular Mach has posted over at SVTPerformance. He is running 10psi with an x-pipe, cat-back and I believe dynoed about 430rwhp on a dynojet. He ran an 11.9@120 with that set-up though I'm not sure of the details of the run (slicks, dr's, etc). A good centrifugal set-up is no joke especially on a 4.6 DOHC.

Yeah and he over heated and blew a head gasket or something not too long after that article was shot! At least that's what I read.

As far as the low dyno number lets ask Vic, what's the lowest bone stock RWHP number you've seen thus far on your SuperFlow dyno for an '03?

U.M.

Uncle Meat said:
Yeah and he over heated and blew a head gasket or something not too long after that article was shot! At least that's what I read.

As far as the low dyno number lets ask Vic, what's the lowest bone stock RWHP number you've seen thus far on your SuperFlow dyno for an '03?

U.M.
You know, it almost makes you wonder if the aftermarket is afraid of the terminators..
Sure, you could buy a mach for 24,000, then put 5,000 worth of blower on it, 1,000 worth of fuel system, 1,000 worth of tuning into it, and end up with 80 to 100 more hp than a stock cobra.{but have a crap bottom end just waiting to let go}
OR
You could buy a Cobra, and change the pulley and do a tune or chip.{500-1000 dollars and get that power {and more} fully forged..
Go figure..
I am just not one for a non-forged engine with boost added..
Lin :(

Orange04Cobra said:
You know, it almost makes you wonder if the aftermarket is afraid of the terminators..
Sure, you could buy a mach for 24,000, then put 5,000 worth of blower on it, 1,000 worth of fuel system, 1,000 worth of tuning into it, and end up with 80 to 100 more hp than a stock cobra.{but have a crap bottom end just waiting to let go}
OR
You could buy a Cobra, and change the pulley and do a tune or chip.{500-1000 dollars and get that power {and more} fully forged..
Go figure..
I am just not one for a non-forged engine with boost added..
Lin :(

It doesn't cost $1000 for tuning or at least shouldn't. Not sure if injectors and intank or external fuel pump would cost a $1000 either. I say to each their own. A sc or turboed Mach is different and definitely a kick in the pants. A properly tuned car should hopefully last a while under moderate boost. Of course I don't have any experience with the 4.6 except for my 03 Cobra so I could just be talking out of my ass.

I think you're right on about the 03 Cobra though. It comes with a great foundation and making 450rwhp (safely) isn't that difficult at all. Once I started runnin 11-13lbs of boost on my old supercharged 95, mega tuning issues. I know also that motor was on borrowed time. I don't worry at all about my Cobra under its current boost and tune. Thats comforting :)