03 Cobra Eaton on a 2V

XXBULLETSXX

Mar 30, 2005
Kannapolis, NC
I have an opportunity to buy my friends Eaton supercharger and intake from his 03 Cobra but I have no idea if it will bolt to my 2000 2V GT motor. My friend says they are both MOD motors and everything is interchangeable. But I think I would have to have the 4V heads to bolt the Cobra intake to.

Does anyone know the answer to this brain buster?

• Sponsors (?)

Ya easy answer is NO. If you did do it you would definitely have an original car.

original, yes. practical, no.

After all is said and done, you will have spent close to the price of a bolton vortech, youll still be running a stock eaton SC on a motor incapable of using it to its potential. anything more than the stock pulley would undoubtedly destroy the motor, and even at the stock pulley level, a roots style puts too much strain on the rotating assembly, low RPM and that much airflow is not a good combo on a weak RA. so you spend another 3k on a forged RA and shortblock and youre now 6k into the project and you can still maybe keep up with a stock 03/04 cobra.

original, yes. practical, no.

After all is said and done, you will have spent close to the price of a bolton vortech, youll still be running a stock eaton SC on a motor incapable of using it to its potential. anything more than the stock pulley would undoubtedly destroy the motor, and even at the stock pulley level, a roots style puts too much strain on the rotating assembly, low RPM and that much airflow is not a good combo on a weak RA. so you spend another 3k on a forged RA and shortblock and youre now 6k into the project and you can still maybe keep up with a stock 03/04 cobra.

Eatons doesnt have as much potential as a twinscrew. A stock pulley actually wouldnt be enough on a 2V. I'm betting it would barely top 320rwhp. It's only a 1.8L blower, not a larger 2.2+. Ported Eaton Cobras put down 500rwhp on average. On a 2V, it'd be less.

i think its fun coming up with different answers everytime.

i say buy it

and then buy new 4v heads, timing cover, timing chains, tensioners, new intake, new intercooler and heat exchanger, new hood and it will bolt right up with no problems

Will it bolt on? Yes but only after a lot of $$ is spent and a lot of work is done through fabrication of this and that, etc. Is it worth the cost and effort? No.
Listen to the others. Put your money elsewhere.

anything more than the stock pulley would undoubtedly destroy the motor, and even at the stock pulley level, a roots style puts too much strain on the rotating assembly, low RPM and that much airflow is not a good combo on a weak RA..

This sounds more like a guess, than fact to me. Plenty of Eaton blown 4.6L 2V's out there that aren't running anything more than the stock internals and holding up just fine.........even non-intercooled.