03 cobra half shafts broke

• Sponsors (?)

98yellowstang said:
I guess some of you guys just don't understand.

35k for a "sports car" thats not allowed to be raced? Get real!!! I have gone round and round at a Ford dealer trying to reason with these morons. Basically they are hoping that a bunch of old people buy these car and forget where the gas pedal is. The last time I talked to a guy in a Ford dealer the basic synopsis of the conversation was that yes its a sports car that you can't drive to its full potential. You can't use WOT you can't launch hard.

The way I look at it, is that I paid waaaay to much for this car not to enjoy it. So I am going to enjoy it and they are going to fix it every time it breaks.

Later
jason

heheh, that's great. sounds like me at the ford dealer talking with my service guy. i got lucky my service guy was great. i didn't bull'Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me''Kiss Me' him though. one way or another whenever my car has problems is going to get fixed. if the dealer didn't do it then i probably would and then try to get them to pay if it was a failure that falls under the bumper-to-bumper warranty.

i never was obvious about drag racing my car but i told my sevice manager i bought the car to smoke the tires and drive it like a rocket. WOT is what I like. powershifting and spinning tires is GREAT!!

they fixed my trans, dropped a rebuilt motor in, rebuilt the rear a couple times, put new rotors and PADs on even!! if it is something that falls under warranty then they should fix it.

cars are learning experiences. things will always break. trying to cheat/lie/steal from ford for issues you caused will get you nowhere but paying more for something another shop or you can fix. why lie they've got the car in their shop for evidence! they aren't stupid!

btw-- unplug your battery before you bring your car in. better safe then sorry

fix your own mistakes! my uncle (and I) destroyed my fuel lines in my f150 because we didn't know i needed a $5 tool to take the lines off the filter.

yeah it sucks, i don't want to pay $125 for the Ford part but i might end up doing it. something about making aftermarket ones fit and still having my original fuel filter (112k miles) is going to make me dish out $$$ for it eventually.

i am boycotting caps & no longer have a ford warranty