03 Cobra killer, can I get a H4LL YA!

zo6's arent much quicker than 03 cobra's stock for stock???? maybe the first year z06(or maybe first two)were a little slower but the newer models are a good 5mph quicker stock for stock if not more.

• Sponsors (?)

kirkyg said:
hey finally got yourself in the 12's ctgrey. Good to hear it. You do a good burnout with those nittos or you just dry running?

kirkyg

Burnouts... mean as the one in the video I showed ya.. theres a lot more to consider to hit 12's than just HP. Gears are the last thing holding me back from lower 12's.

The problem with racing all the cars listed is they're hardly ever stock.. I don't know many people with stock mustangs or camaros.. Vettes too now that I think about it.

dont think so, 260+142=402, but all that power commin through the motor need to go through a lower end tranny and not as good gearing. when i put the boost on my GT way up there, yeah i probobly can beat my cobra, but the cobra is a far superior vehicle all around, and that power is there all the time. you should look into gears and a new tranny, then you will have a snake bitten pony!

kirkyg said:
from what iv'e seen stock 03 cobra (if there is such a thing anymore lol) runs 12.7 vs a z06 12.6

kirkyg
zo6's are a lot stronger than that et. you have to look at the mph. I've seen stock ones trap 115+ in weather where 03 cobras are struggling for 110.

So a z06 is faster than a viper???? I think not. They both dyno in the same area...the cobra has considerably more torque but the cobra weighs about 300-400 pounds heavier hence .1-.2 1/4 mile faster...there ain't gonna be no .5 difference. Atleast in real world at the track thats not what i've seen. Seems to back up the data.

kirkyg

kirkyg said:
Actually used 03 cobras with 15-30k miles are selling for 23-24k range. I saw one in the paper for 20,999 i couldn't believe it.

kirkyg

dude where are you seeing this!? every 03 I see on autotrader or cars.com or ebay are going for no less then 27k and they all have 5k-30k miles on them, what 03's are you looking at!?! because im in the process of selling my GT and getting an 03/04 Cobra. although I'm kind of weary of buying a used 03 :rolleyes:

as far as the beef my GT up to beat a cobra, bottom line, you can make a integra, civic faster then a cobra, but it's NOT A COBRA. that was my deciding factor in selling my GT for an 03 or 04. it's not a cobra, doesn't have NEAR the ride comfort, look and it takes NOTHING to make a 03 Cobra MORE OF A BEAST then it already is! :banana: :nice:

Blakers01GT said:
dude where are you seeing this!? every 03 I see on autotrader or cars.com or ebay are going for no less then 27k and they all have 5k-30k miles on them, what 03's are you looking at!?! because im in the process of selling my GT and getting an 03/04 Cobra. although I'm kind of weary of buying a used 03 :rolleyes:

as far as the beef my GT up to beat a cobra, bottom line, you can make a integra, civic faster then a cobra, but it's NOT A COBRA. that was my deciding factor in selling my GT for an 03 or 04. it's not a cobra, doesn't have NEAR the ride comfort, look and it takes NOTHING to make a 03 Cobra MORE OF A BEAST then it already is! :banana: :nice:

I saw the one for 21k in my local paper here in Beaumont, TX. It may have been high mileage etc. because i didnt' look into it. In any case check out www.svtperformance.com/forums

click on market forum and search there through there. I've seen 10-15k ones for 24-25k go pretty quick.

kirkyg

kirkyg said:
So a z06 is faster than a viper???? I think not. They both dyno in the same area...the cobra has considerably more torque but the cobra weighs about 300-400 pounds heavier hence .1-.2 1/4 mile faster...there ain't gonna be no .5 difference. Atleast in real world at the track thats not what i've seen. Seems to back up the data.

kirkyg

the fastest stock times i've seen for a Z06 is in the high, high 11's. the fastest stock Cobra i've heard of is 12.45. Vipers are a few tenths faster on average than the Z06.

the guy says he's not a mag racer, but he's not a real racer... wtf???? Fact is zo6's stock for stock are a good .4-5 secs ahead of an 03 cobra. Now with a little mod $$$ 03, 04 cobra all the way