03 Cobra or not?

Modular2v

Founding Member
Jun 30, 2002
oklahoma
ok guys i have to ask a question and be completely honest!!!! I only owe 8,000 more on my 03 gt, is it honestly worth the money for the 03 cobra? keep in mind i will have to do an axel swap!!! I found this cobra for 29k$ with only 37 miles on the ticker and it hasnt been off the lot yet!!

• Sponsors (?)

I think the small body treatments make them look so much better than gt's. I think they are the best looking mustangs ever and better than the new 05 gt's. Personally I don't like the way they sound stock, but that is easily fixed with a new catback. My bro has an 04 and he loves it. It is a BARGAIN at 29k! Best 29k you'll ever spend :)

If you do buy. Make sure you slowly break it in tho. My bros supercharger went out and was only making like 3psi by like 2000 miles. There was a little incident at the dealership when they were washing it I guess the gas pedal was trapped under the carpet and when they started it she went all the way to the rev limiter. He thinks that may have blown it? They replaced it so it is all good.

Well if you trade it in then the money you get from the trade-in just pay off the loan and see how much you'll have as a down payment, and check your monthly payments and if you can afford it why not get it. Just my .2 cents

mustgt88 said:
If you do buy. Make sure you slowly break it in tho. My bros supercharger went out and was only making like 3psi by like 2000 miles. There was a little incident at the dealership when they were washing it I guess the gas pedal was trapped under the carpet and when they started it she went all the way to the rev limiter. He thinks that may have blown it? They replaced it so it is all good.
Nah thats silly. I broke in my car the way I want to drive it, it runs absolutely PERFECT at 8300 miles, and made 415rwhp on a dyno with a catted h pipe, catback, K&N air filter and thats it for power mods.

lol, i know but what im saying is this...

The thread starter didn't tell us how many miles his car has on it or the condition it is in. I assumed he would be trading in his GT on an 03 cobra. If he goes to trade in the GT and they offer him $15,000. He pays off his loan and then has $7,000 to put as a downpayment, which would make him only have to finance 22,000 + TTL.

anyways, if you need to only finance approx 20-23k then go for it.

760-MPH said:
lol, i know but what im saying is this...

The thread starter didn't tell us how many miles his car has on it or the condition it is in. I assumed he would be trading in his GT on an 03 cobra. If he goes to trade in the GT and they offer him $15,000. He pays off his loan and then has $7,000 to put as a downpayment, which would make him only have to finance 22,000 + TTL.

anyways, if you need to only finance approx 20-23k then go for it.

in that respect, then heck yes go for it......I'm always thinking 'worse-case scenario'... meaning, he's upside down on the car...:nice: