03 Cobra Problems

dark_cobra_01 said:
Since the subject seems to have changed to "TC" .. Here's my experience with it in my 01 cobra...

I had the joy of experiencing TC in the snow the first year I got my "01 " Cobra.. The TC saved my life on a highway with about 3 inches of snow on it... My car was going sideways but still tracking forward in my lane while a semi was trying to pass me... strangest thing ever.. Other than those type of conditions I would suggest always turn off the TC when driving a snake..

I never drove another winter with the Cobra after that.. [Got me a beater for that job.!!] I recommend a beater to anyone winter driving in a snake.. :notnice:

Good point, I had a similar experience driving through one of our monsoon rainstorms here in Florida. Getting on the interstate at about 70 and tapped the gas a little too hard to get ahead of someone, could feel the rear end coming out but TC kicked on and probably saved my butt big time. I always have it on in the rain, it'll kill ya when its dry though. Try pulling out in front of someone and punchin it because you think you can go, then you get creamed because the tc kills your acceleration. Argh. :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

TC on an 03' cobra is bad news. yea it does cut cut fuel and spark on the 03 for sure. i dont know if this has happened to anyone but dont forget to turn it off when you get on the dyno, that would suck.lol.

ok, be nice and stop laughing. I admit it was stupid, but this is the first "bought" muscle car. All the ones I have owned over the years have been built up by me. I knew what to expect. I have not taken offense, but I thought a little explanation would help. Yes, I am a newbie to Cobras. I was under the assumption Ford would not poorly design something like that.

Rogue Cobra