03 cobra rev limiter

schteve

Apr 18, 2004
San Mateo, Ca
yoz, any of you peeps know of a good chip that would not trip my check engine light and extend my rev limiter? i raced a 911 carrera from the stop and i almost lost cuz of my rev limiter..sad huh? it made that stoopid bogging sound b4 i had to shift..also is it kewwwl to extend it cuz of my blower, it is a brand new car and i dont wanna f**k up the engine..

thnks

• Sponsors (?)

schteve said:
yoz, any of you peeps know of a good chip that would not trip my check engine light and extend my rev limiter? i raced a 911 carrera from the stop and i almost lost cuz of my rev limiter..sad huh? it made that stoopid bogging sound b4 i had to shift..also is it kewwwl to extend it cuz of my blower, it is a brand new car and i dont wanna f**k up the engine..

thnks

Whoa.... slow down there man! It may not be the rev limiter that's causing the problem. Why would you need to rev the motor past 6500RPM in the first place? If you can't beat him shifting at redline, you're not going to beat him taking it any deeper.

I have a sneaky suspicion you're confusing the rev limiter with the TC (Traction Control). I've seen this before with new Terminator owners. They TC is pretty worthless on our cars and most of us either shut it off everytime we start the car, or we have it disabled electronically. Try turning your TC off next time you start the car. Then go race that 911...

U.M.

no_TC_tees_model.jpg

So . . . please tell me how to kill, or reverse function, the dreaded trac control. Each time I forget to punch that button (which is rare) I find myself totally embarassed. The override is so intrusive it looks like you can't drive stick.

My TC never seems to come on during the wet, but on the dry and around corners its annoying. All of a sudden the car falls flat on its face.

I don't want to permanently delete it but would like to have it turned off automatically so I could manually turn it on if needed.

I am running with my autologic chip disabling trac cntrl. So nice not to deal with it anymore. I just run awesome tires that can handle all weather, and now leave the DRs only for the track.

I also got the rev lim turned off too. I have not been able to enjoy that one since my current setup is leaning out after 6500. Stay off the rev lim she will turn off fuel, not all, but enough to be an issue if you stay on it too long.

John

I was talking to Paul Svinicki at the Mustang event in Nashville and asked him about raising my rev limiter. He said that there is no point as the power just falls like a cliff at the upper range with the stock Eaton blower. In other words, you have no power up that high so it is useless to do so.

I will agree with the other comments about the traction control being the culprit in this situation. It is really bad at lower speeds, but not as bad when going fast, as long as you aren't racing or whatever.

:flag: :nice: