03 gt car bogging out

newmnfn

Jun 12, 2018
banning ca
hey gents so I have a 03 ford gt 4.6L automatic the car wont power brake when I go to give it throttle it Boggs down like its a fuel issue the car has new plugs new coil packs I'm running a bbk 78mm Intke and a full airaid system this will do this with a full tank so I dont think it's a fuel pump also car shift from second to third to 4th real quick any ideas guys I'm stumped the car also surges alil when full throttle on freeway I'm not a hellion just noticed these things and it's not running right as it should thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

Many late model automatics have a separate turbine speed sensor(TSS). This is in addition to the output shaft sensor (OSS). The PCM is aware when there are massive differences between motor speed (turbine) and the output shaft speed. If asking for an educated guess, I think the PCM is doing what it has been programmed to do. It is doing this to protect you from yourself.

But do you want to know for certain? Then access to an ODB2 scanner with graphing capabilities could make very short work of your questions/concerns. This software can answer questions like:
  • what is the fuel pressure?
  • is the PCM pulling timing?
  • has the PCM entered traction control mode?

Here's some information on an affordable Windows based unit.

ForScan ODB2 scanner w ELM327 USB
https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/resources/forscan-odb2-scanner-w-elm327-usb.57/

ok so do these need to be replaced I'm thinking of doing a 5 speed swap or would getting a bama tuner and doing a tune help this problem also what about the trans skipping over 3rd and going straight to 4th

ok so do these need to be replaced
Likely the sensors are doing exactly what they were designed to do. But again one way to know for sure is to graph the output with an ODB2 scanner.

what about the trans skipping over 3rd and going straight to 4th
Seems possible to me that the transmission has already been damaged. What is the condition of the fluid? How about the level?

If this were my car I would take it to a professional transmission shop and ask for an estimate. This might give you some information about what's wrong.