03 GT Injectors & Pulleys

StangClear

Founding Member
May 21, 2002
Elkton, MD
My injectors are pink. What size are they? I had a 00 GT and I know they were not pink....man do I hate pink! And someone told me that the pulleys on the 03 are smaller then previous years. I bought Steeda under drive pullies (not here yet) and was told it was a waste of money. So fellow Stangers, set me straight!!

:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

KaPPaBaLL said:
that's cool bro. you lucked out and got the better injectors anyway. This way you won't have to switch to the bigger size if you happen to have done many bolts...

Well, my ultimate goal is the Kenne Bell Supercharger, and as I understand it, underdrive pulleys are not good with it. True or not? And while I am thinking of it, the gearing seems different then the 00 GT. Another question......

:flag:

StangClear said:
Well, my ultimate goal is the Kenne Bell Supercharger, and as I understand it, underdrive pulleys are not good with it. True or not? And while I am thinking of it, the gearing seems different then the 00 GT. Another question......

only difference in gearing is the auto 2003's they came with 3.55's you should haev 3.27's in your 5spd 03..

here you go man..http://forums.stangnet.com/showthread.php?t=397186

StangClear said:

Yes, you need to put the stock pulleys back on b/c the underdrive pulleys will underdrive your s/c and you won't get max boost

Thanks

ASilver2001GT said:
Yes, you need to put the stock pulleys back on b/c the underdrive pulleys will underdrive your s/c and you won't get max boost

Well, it will probably be some time unitil I reach my ultimate goal. So I guess I will install the underdrives. Thanks for the information though......

:nice:

KaPPaBaLL said:
you have 24lbs.. pulleys should be the same...
99-02 have 19lbs... haha you got pink.

edit: wow, just noticed you registered in 2002 and just have 3X posts?

I have a 2002 and it has pink injectors also. When I looked at the bosch injector chart for fords, it shows the pink are 21lbs. I am not sure which they are 21 or 24. Any more input would be helpful. I believe my car was made towards the end of the production year.

http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/Injector_SetsFORD.asp

CalStang02 said:
I have a 2002 and it has pink injectors also. When I looked at the bosch injector chart for fords, it shows the pink are 21lbs. I am not sure which they are 21 or 24. Any more input would be helpful. I believe my car was made towards the end of the production year.

http://www.fiveomotorsport.com/Injector_SetsFORD.asp

they probably are 21 for the 2002 but for the 2003 and 04 they are 24lbs

Drew1287 said:
What cars come factory with 24s or bigger, I need to upgrade my 19s and beings I work at oreilys I get them cheap. Older cars will be easier to find.

what do you mean what cars come with 24's.

just order some 24lbs injectors from your store and get them..

StangClear said:

You will have to go back to the stock pulleys once you get your KB S/C :hail2: About the underdrive pulleys being a waste of meny, well I'm not quite sure. They claim a 10-15 rwhp gain, but to be honest I did not notice any difference when I had mine installed.