03 GT Rear window question

Beau

Founding Member
Jan 29, 2000
San Diego
I noticed today that the black plastic that goes all the way around the rear window was loose at the bottom of the window, by the trunk. it will slide down, exposing the edge of the glass window itself. this cant be normal can it? i know my car is covered under warranty and all that so i just have to take it in..but are there any ideas as to what could have caused it, or is it another example of ford quality?

• Sponsors (?)

1990StangLX said:
I noticed today that the black plastic that goes all the way around the rear window was loose at the bottom of the window, by the trunk. it will slide down, exposing the edge of the glass window itself. this cant be normal can it? i know my car is covered under warranty and all that so i just have to take it in..but are there any ideas as to what could have caused it, or is it another example of ford quality?
I don't think that's normal...probably another example of ford quality :lol:

SonicBlueBabe said:
I don't think that's normal...probably another example of ford quality :lol:

i didnt think so either...and the one aspect of this that annoys me the most is that when i take it to the dealer, that will be the 5th time i've been in for a quality or mechanical defect. i am thinking this might be the last ford i ever own :nonono: :(

1990StangLX said:
i didnt think so either...and the one aspect of this that annoys me the most is that when i take it to the dealer, that will be the 5th time i've been in for a quality or mechanical defect. i am thinking this might be the last ford i ever own :nonono: :(
Only the 5th???!!! I think I have gone way more than 5 times to the dealreship for especially quality, but so far only once for mechanical... :nonono:

SonicBlueBabe said:
Only the 5th???!!! I think I have gone way more than 5 times to the dealreship for especially quality, but so far only once for mechanical... :nonono:

thats not what i wanted to hear....it makes me wonder what other suprises my mustang has in stock for me as the years go by...oh well, its their money that will fix my car, not mine so at least i don't have to worry about that aspect.. :)

I have the same problem....the weatherstripping slides down off the rear window and I push it back up every time I wash the car. My dealership is somewhat far away and I'm too lazy to make the trip up there to get some of these minutiae fixed. :nonono: I still love my 'stang though :flag: :nice:

my dealership is 5 minutes away so i can just take it down whenever i need to but its pretty lame that something that simple can be defective..it should just be a matter or glueing or clipping it back on i would think...but then again you never know..

Mine did that too on the bottom of the rear window and on the top of the front window against the roof. I just took mine to a windshield installer and he fixed it for free and told me if I ever need a new windshield to come to him. Cool guy.