03 Gt Wiring Issue

Ironbeard85

Sep 28, 2017
I recently installed a new battery in my 03 gt and drove the car for a week after. One day i went to start it and when i turned the key all the power cut out dash lights went off. I checked all the fuses under the hood and under the dash and none were fried. Long before that issue the car has been having issues with the theft light blinking when i go to start the car the keys were reprogrammed a while ago but it still does it. I'm guessing maybe could be a bad ground wire some where? I checked the wires from the battery and replaced some of them about 2 years ago. Running out of ideas could use some help!

• Sponsors (?)

Here's some information on how to perform voltage drop tests.

Howto perform charging system voltage drop test
https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-fo...perform-charging-system-voltage-drop-test.56/

I know you might not see how over all charging systems tests will help in this situation. However once the concept of how the voltage drop tests is done and how it works it can quickly nail down WHERE the weak electrical connection is. The procedure is to "frame" the test path looking for excessive voltage drop. By framing ever smaller lengths of wire path the exact point of the bad connection can be pin pointed.

For example if you suspect a problem between the battery and battery junction box, place one lead on the battery positive and the other lead on the main terminal of the battery junction box. Turn the key on. Normally the voltage drop should be very small. IF there is a large voltage drop that means the bad connection MUST be between the two leads.