04 Abs And Trac Control Light

rich1223

Founding Member
Jul 6, 2001
NYC
Just today the light on the trac control switch stays on and the abs light on the dash doesn't come on at all when you turn the the key to the on position or start the car like it should for sec and then go off! I'm assuming its a abs issue since i remember hearing one time that if your abs light is out on the dash and the abs isn't working the light on the trac control switch will be on constantly any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Yes checked all the fuses they are all good I'm going to have it scanned for codes tomorrow.im thinking its one of the abs sensors atleast I'm hoping thats tha case
Pardon me for doubting the problem is with a wheel sensor. Why? If this were just a wheel sensor then the ABS dash light would work and maybe even flash a code. Instead you have no light at all.

IMO your problem is more basic or more serious. Either no power to the ABS module or the ABS module has failed.

Confirm fuse F2.29 is good. Turn the key on and confirm there is +12 volts in and out of the fuse. Use a known good ground.

Also confirm fuse F2.33, F2.5, F1.8, and F1.17.
Central junction box=CJB=F2=driver's kick panel
Battery Junction Box=BJB=F1=engine bay.

Remove fuse F2.29. Does this change the symptom?

We should also be open to the possibility that the ABS dash light is burned out. However, if the only thing wrong was a burned out light bulb, then why is the traction control acting strange?

1999-2004 fuse panel schedule:
http://www.allfordmustangs.com/foru...r-swap-wont-fire-please-help.html#post2669271

Thanks for the info i will go over all that tomorrow on my day off!since i checked the fuses real quick before work! I was kind of hoping like you said the light be burned out now I'm not so sure just hoping the abs module is not toast!