04 Cobra 1st mod

RiffRaff04

Aug 21, 2004
S.C.
Hey guys, just picked up my silver 04 cobra on Friday and I was needing some help deciding on my 1st mod. Im thinking either the K&N air kit or the Densecharger kit. Any words of wisdom will be helpful.

• Sponsors (?)

I would get myself over to svtperformance.com - specifically to the terminator forums. Huge amounts of information there on the 03/04's.
Stangnet is great, but for the new cobra's - you cant beat that site for the info.
From the research I have done, the KnN FIPK Gen 2 kit out-performs all other cai's. 2nd mod should be a good catback system.

peace

Thanks for the info and the websites guys. Ill be getting a cat-back in about a month, just havent decided on one. This may be stupid question but as far as the pulley goes how much can i safely run and about when should i look at getting a tune . It will be my daily driver.thanks again

RiffRaff04 said:
Thanks for the info and the websites guys. Ill be getting a cat-back in about a month, just havent decided on one. This may be stupid question but as far as the pulley goes how much can i safely run and about when should i look at getting a tune . It will be my daily driver.thanks again
most people swap to a smaller pulley, like a 2.93 or 2.8 i think, and when you do that you have to have the car tuned for that pulley. since you're running more boost, the computer has to be told to put more fuel into the motor and adjust the ratio or air to fuel. from what i've read, pully swaps up the boost a few pounds, to like 11-12 PSI, but i am not sure on that number.
on a daily driver you can run over 500 rwhp if you want, you will have to just learn to drive the car with that much power. it takes practice and you really have to think ahead and be aware of the car at all times.
as for the CAI, the FIPK gives great gains, so does the JLT one but its a bitch to install.

good luck! :)

As far as CAI goes, I would go with the K&N FIPK Gen2. You can pick that up at about any retail car store, nice place and price is AJUSA.com . Got mine for 169$ but you type in the code "GIFT4U" and you get another 10 bucks off :nice: SC Whine is much louder. IMHO I think great bang for the buck.

Now with a pully, Do not and I mean DO NOT replace the pully without getting it tuned unless you want a lot more to worry about. I cant tell you which pully to buy, but it is def. something to look more indepth into.

Cat-back exhaust........'03-'04 stock cobra setup is quite restrictive and very quite. Now the headache of which one to choose....check out mustangexhaust.com. They have tons of soundclips to listen to.

If you go the CAI route....check out the new MAC straight shot!

*WARNING*

Ahem.......

Adding a smaller pulley to the supercharger voids the warranty.

Just wanted to be a voice of reason for a new Cobra owner. If you're not worried about your warranty then go ahead and PULLEY THAT BEEYATCH UP! Me, I'm still on the fence after 2 years now. Still running stock boost and making good "Warranty Friendly/Safe" power.

U.M.

RiffRaff04 said:
Well its seems K&N is the way to go. As far as the pulley I think im gonna wait for the warranty to expire (i am a college student)

I have the K&N FIPK and the Borla Stinger. The car dyno'ed at 405rwhp with 390lbft. I recommend doing the intake and exhaust first. This made a huge difference in power and its warranty friendly. SVT/Ford is looking for anything to deny warranty coverage.

Something to keep in mind about underhood intakes is that they draw hot air from under the hood, the filter can get wet when driving in the rain, etc...

This winter I'm either going to put the stock airbox back on or fashion a cover for the top of the filter. Look at the area above the headlight with the hood closed. Air and water blow right in there onto the filter.

Stangnet is pretty cool but the Terminator forum at http://www.svtperformance.com is one of the best sites for technical info on these cars.

Uncle Meat said:
*WARNING*

Ahem.......

Adding a smaller pulley to the supercharger voids the warranty.

Just wanted to be a voice of reason for a new Cobra owner. If you're not worried about your warranty then go ahead and PULLEY THAT BEEYATCH UP! Me, I'm still on the fence after 2 years now. Still running stock boost and making good "Warranty Friendly/Safe" power.

U.M.

And that's one to grow on. If you like the warranty leave the pulley alone.

Get:
CAI
CatBack
X/H pipe
Shifter
Predator

Then go like this :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

03yellowvenom said:
Steedas CAI has a nice shield ,and drove all winter long with snow and rain with no issues,some of you K@N guys will never learn :D Just kidding Keith "duner" I owed ya one :nice:

I agree...... Steeda is the way to go. Best performance and it looks great... 4 shows and 4 trophies..... Makes the engine compartment look great. :banana:

MeanGreen41 said:
I agree...... Steeda is the way to go. Best performance and it looks great... 4 shows and 4 trophies..... Makes the engine compartment look great. :banana:

They do look great. In fact 03yellowvenom just won a first place trophy for his '03. :hail2: