04 Trunk and License Plate Lights Will Not Work

I just got my '04 GT out of the body shop and noticed that the trunk light doesn’t work now. It worked perefectly when I dropped it off. I also noticed that the license plate lights don’t work either. All the other lights work. The running lights, fog lights, tail lights. All of them. Since the trunk light is part of the third brake light assembly, I pulled it out and inspected the wires. Everything checked out. So, I went through the process of checking each and every fuse, both inside and outside the car. I checked the light bulbs themselves. Everything checked out okay. I looked online for articles or posts that may help. Nothing. So, I turn to my mustang community here. Anyone have any idea what could be causing this?

• Sponsors (?)

This is what I found. The recepticle for the trunk lights had corroded a little; enough to prevent the flow of power - one bulb was good the other not. For the Trunk light, there is a relay built into the truck lock/latch. After taking it off and looking at it closely, all I had to do is take a micro screw driver and bend the metal tabs back into their original shape. Weird that both went out at the same time, but they were unrelated to one another.