05-09 faster then a H/C/I 5.0?

• Sponsors (?)

1990 GT weighs about 2800ish with 300 rwhp
2005 GT weighs about 3500ish with 280 rwhp

That's a 700lb difference.

Older fox bodies can't compare with ride quality or finish though, stock for stock.

I've personally seen 300rwhp 5.0's run 12.0's in the 1/4. That includes some suspension work, a very good driver, and slicks, however for doing that off 300 horsepower it's not too bad! An h/c/i 5.0 should have no trouble with an 05-09 GT, however it does boil down to who's the better driver. I actually beat a 5 speed 05 GT with exhaust only, however he needed to work on his driving quite a bit. As soon as the light turned green, his car was spending its time spinning sideways while I layed out a 1.8 short time instead, giving me quite a jump. Plus it was an 1/8 mile, so it didn't give him much time to use his higher horsepower to pull me up top. Not making excuses for the driver, however his car IS the faster car, it just shows how important driver's skill is.

1990 GT weighs about 2800ish with 300 rwhp
2005 GT weighs about 3500ish with 280 rwhp

That's a 700lb difference.

Older fox bodies can't compare with ride quality or finish though, stock for stock.

Ditto..................You can make anything fast with enough money. If you want a great looking car with a comfortable ride and decent stock hp, the s197 is a great platform. And of course with a little more cash fast is simple.:nice:

patrick

my buddies 89 hatch went 12.20@111 on dr's without a real tune and afr 165's, lunati cam, gt40 intake, 3.73s, dr's, full exhuast...we now have a bet going to see who reaches 11.99 first ON MOTOR :) His car is about 3200 without him and mine is 3550 without me for comparison sake. Should be interesting but i'm expecting him to get there first.

A fox body is nowhere near 2800 pounds stock, even a notch with roll up windows.

thank you and +1

-J

Seeing as how your comebacks are so darn convincing....ah, what the hell....care to elaborate just a bit more for me? Am I missing something here? I know the GT verts towards the end of the fox were the heaviest.......This was just a quick google search but, maybe I'm wrong...All the sites come up with around 28xx lbs.

1990-1993 Ford Mustang: Technical Specifications - Consumer Guide Automotive

wondering whats my weight, 1990 Mustang LX - Ford Mustang Forums

1990 Ford Mustang specs, auto safety at Edmunds

I need some more convincing other than a simple statement "your wrong". Any links I could see?

Seeing as how your comebacks are so darn convincing....ah, what the hell....care to elaborate just a bit more for me? Am I missing something here? I know the GT verts towards the end of the fox were the heaviest.......This was just a quick google search but, maybe I'm wrong...All the sites come up with around 28xx lbs.

I need some more convincing other than a simple statement "your wrong". Any links I could see?

well let's see smart ass..........aside from having one in the family for 8+ years, here ya go

Reinhold Racing - Mustang weight information

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/573773-what-do-87-93-foxs-weigh.html

your welcome :D

SSPWeight.jpg

Thats just one of the foxes I have weighed, not including my 88 GT, both my 89 LX's, my friend's 93 LX, my friend's 93 Notch, etc etc. 2800 pounds = not gonna happen, unless it's a totally stripped older 4 cylinder notch, and even then, still, nope.

91 SSP Notch, 5 Speed, 1/4 of a Tank of Gas, Manual Windows, Manual Locks, Power Mirrors, Pony Wheels, only weight reduction is UPR Offroad X Pipe and I took the full size spare out. Car still has smog, sway bar, dog bone on the rear, etc.

3180 LBS with me in it, I just weighed in at 148 on my shipping scale. This same scale puts up the same numbers as the local landfill I have weighed on before.

well let's see smart ass..........aside from having one in the family for 8+ years, here ya go

Owning one doesn't always amount to everything. Thank god we have all-knowing people like you who know everything to keep us in line. Next time try explaining yourself a little better the first time....or at all for that matter.

Thanks! That's actually helpful! I wonder why all the previous links I posted were so light, I had found other forums postings too showing <2900 lbs as well, and I don't recall them being gutted, but I could be wrong....:shrug:

I dunno, hell if you ask most people, they think a notch is 600 pounds lighter than a GT lol. I notice alot of sites with general curb weights are ALL OVER the place on just about any car. I guess 20+ years is long enough for misinformation to get out there on these cars.

Owning one doesn't always amount to everything. Thank god we have all-knowing people like you who know everything to keep us in line. Next time try explaining yourself a little better the first time....or at all for that matter.

Thanks! That's actually helpful! I wonder why all the previous links I posted were so light, I had found other forums postings too showing <2900 lbs as well, and I don't recall them being gutted, but I could be wrong....:shrug:

well obviously in this case owning one did amount to me knowing that you were wrong. The OP wanted accurate info, which was provided.......not by you I may add. If he or you need verification of any information........well........try looking it up yourself

No I dont have the car any more :( I miss it soo much! 05-09 here we come lol. I still have the motor. Thinking of building a 331 stroker kit for it.

Ahh thats to bad. I had a 5.0 once, I was saving for a 331 one too but I got in an accident and the car was never the same. But as the 05-09 GT mustangs go they are pretty good. I have heard of people getting 450rwhp just by adding a blower and a tune. But if you are into some serious power a GT500 might be the way to go. You can get a used 07-08 for about $35000 and those cars can make some serious power with very little mods. But if you pick up 05-09GT for half the cost and spend the difference on mods it will still be a beast! Just figure out how much power you want than figure out how you want to get there.