05 convertible top adjustment

cjspina

Jun 28, 2019
nj
Have an 05 stang with a convertible top that does not close evenly. Drivers side closes no problem, passenger side seems to be coming up short to bracket. Have to push down on top on outside of car to get roof to shut properly. Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the top so that both sides close evenly.

• Sponsors (?)

Have an 05 stang with a convertible top that does not close evenly. Drivers side closes no problem, passenger side seems to be coming up short to bracket. Have to push down on top on outside of car to get roof to shut properly. Does anyone know if there is a way to adjust the top so that both sides close evenly.

I have a 05 the passenger side seems to be the same, I just pull down form the center where the cut out for your hand to pull it down is, and all works fine, do not have to go outside car ....

MIne has always lagged on the passenger side ever since I opened it on a side slope. I replaced cylinder on roght side,but it still lags behind. Take the top moulding off both sides and look down in there with powerful flashlights. Observe the cylinder positions and measure length of rod exposed.
Mine came down to the latches off to the right, so I brought it down close and put my weight and power pushing the whole top toward the left. Now it hits dead on, but still lags.