05 gt 4.6 engine into 68 mustang help

thereaper

Sep 7, 2009
hey guys i got a smokin deal on a 4.6 gt engine now what im needing to know is what im gunna need to get it to fitin the 68 coupe as far as electrical and anything else ill need. also it still has the stock c4 what other transmissions would u suggest to mate with the new engine thanks guys please help

• Sponsors (?)

hey guys i got a smokin deal on a 4.6 gt engine now what im needing to know is what im gunna need to get it to fitin the 68 coupe as far as electrical and anything else ill need. also it still has the stock c4 what other transmissions would u suggest to mate with the new engine thanks guys please help

I don't mean any disrespect, but if you believe that the transmission attached to that engine is the "stock C4", this might be a little too much of a project for your skillset . . .

As has been posted in another thread, you will need EVERYTHING from the other car. This is *NOT* just a simple engine swap!!

With a full understanding of how each of the complex systems work in a 05-09 Mustang (PATS, ABS, etc.), with a complete 05-09 Mustang for a donor car, and lots of tools and a big place to work, you might be able to make this swap--after you do something about the shock towers, because this engine won't fit in there without some massaging.

Oh, and it'll get expensive, too . . . count on another $5000 over and above the cost of the donor car, which will probably cost at least that much to find a decent wrecked one.

as in the other thread check out DVS restoration,ford racing,reenmachine and some others. It can be bolt in,but there's lots of bolts! Stick with a tranny that was available with that engine. If you want power steering you will use the modular pump,not the original,so look into rack and pinion. Shock towers will need modifying along with drive shaft. Look into headers as well,many $$$. If you use carb look at edelbrock or sullivan intakes and msd-6mod for timing chores. DO your homework,and ask the guys at these sites lots of questions.It will not be cheap,but it won't be another boring small block when you lift the hood. There is a picture of mine on the last page in the classic section in the post your pis thread. Last car on last page

in all honesty, its not worth the effort...keep in mind that he engine is already obsolete as well, due to be replaced with the 5.0L coyote DOHC 4v....I've done a modular swap, it takes a lot of work and unless you have patience and skills or a lot of money you wont complete it, seriously consider a built small block before going modular

apparently the coyote is a nice engine.I'm laid off from the Windsor site,where we are supposed to build them.The line still isn't production ready.I've asked for one last year from some management I know,they kept telling me there is no engine wink wink. They still haven't told the workers we're building the motor but there are a few off the line.Buddy of mine works in the dyno room and says they're pretty impressive.
I also agree a small block will make more power for less money,is easier,and cheaper to do