05' GT comes to Youngstown OH

95kobrah

Founding Member
Dec 5, 2001
Ohio
Well, today i got to sit in a 2005 Mustang, Red with the Red/Black two tone interior, 5spd, Shaker 500 system 17'' wheels, ect. I must say, this car looks so good in person. I saw it at Detroit for the car show back in january, but it was incredible to sit in it, touch it ect. The shift knob was different than the chrome others ive seen, much better... ergonomics were good, color changing dash was cool, seats are better than current stangs. Shifter was smooth (definately not a triax) and clutch pedal was light (def. not a king cobra) but much much better than the GTO (other car i sat in the other day) The motor didnt have the plastic cover over the upper intake and there was overspray all in the engine bay but thats to be expected for a public show car mule. Wish i could have heard it, but i definately gave it a good going over. If i wasnt so poor id have a brand new black one in my driveway, with chrome bullitt deep dishers and drop it a bit. (gotta get done with college and get a real job!) I have 27 pics, but dunno how to post them. If anyone can help drop me a line.

Also, they said that they have to destroy that car soon since it had no VIN, and wasnt a production car. Kinda sad to see something like that happen, but i cant wait to see them on the road.

• Sponsors (?)

bdunosk said:
Huh... I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures. Did you know about them coming to visit Youngstown? I'd love to get a chance to sit inside one of these beasts. :)

I just happened to be at a ford dealership looking at trucks with my friend, and the salesman was telling me when they were getting the 05's in and he said there would be one Boardman at the radio station buliding from 3-7. I was lucky that it was pretty crappy out, cold and rainy, so i was pretty much the only person there, no waiting. I also got four posters and a 05 concept micro machine :)

95kobrah said:
Well, today i got to sit in a 2005 Mustang, Red with the Red/Black two tone interior, 5spd, Shaker 500 system 17'' wheels, ect. I must say, this car looks so good in person. I saw it at Detroit for the car show back in january, but it was incredible to sit in it, touch it ect. The shift knob was different than the chrome others ive seen, much better... ergonomics were good, color changing dash was cool, seats are better than current stangs. Shifter was smooth (definately not a triax) and clutch pedal was light (def. not a king cobra) but much much better than the GTO (other car i sat in the other day) The motor didnt have the plastic cover over the upper intake and there was overspray all in the engine bay but thats to be expected for a public show car mule. Wish i could have heard it, but i definately gave it a good going over. If i wasnt so poor id have a brand new black one in my driveway, with chrome bullitt deep dishers and drop it a bit. (gotta get done with college and get a real job!) I have 27 pics, but dunno how to post them. If anyone can help drop me a line.

Also, they said that they have to destroy that car soon since it had no VIN, and wasnt a production car. Kinda sad to see something like that happen, but i cant wait to see them on the road.

If you send them to [email protected], I'll host your pictures.

Here are your pics
2005Mustang005.jpg
2005Mustang006.jpg

2005Mustang010.jpg
2005Mustang016.jpg
2005Mustang025.jpg

Hey 95kobrah

I just ordered my 05' in the same color combination of the car you saw. I just want to confirm the color combo. Is that the Torch Red color & how did the interior match the exterior color?

My dealer didn't have a Torch Red car to look at & just looking at the color chart & the Mustang brochure it was hard to decide which red (Torch Red or Fire Red) would match the interior best.

Your thoughts would be most appreciated.

Frank

PONY XPRESS said:
Hey 95kobrah

I just ordered my 05' in the same color combination of the car you saw. I just want to confirm the color combo. Is that the Torch Red color & how did the interior match the exterior color?

My dealer didn't have a Torch Red car to look at & just looking at the color chart & the Mustang brochure it was hard to decide which red (Torch Red or Fire Red) would match the interior best.

Your thoughts would be most appreciated.

Frank

Unfortunately i don't know what the color's name or code was, sorry. However, the pics dont do it justice, it was a deep dark red, nothing like the laser red or rio red we're used to. The seats were much brighter red than the exterior, but they seemed to compliment eachother. If i were to get an 05', i would go with Black exterior, with the red seats and black trim inside, exactly like the one i sat in. Hope this helps, sorry i couldnt be more specific.

Whats with the steering wheel???It doesnt look very good to me, the rest is ok but I still like the 99-04s interior better...looks cleaner for some reason.Here are things that I dont like.....The E brake looks cheap and unfinnished,the shift nob looks like it came out of the year 3000 and looks very uncomfortable, pedals look way under the dash and do not stand out, the gauge needles look fat and look like they will have that lag like the older cars, and do not look very modern and point to a general area and not pinpoint like other models, the power locks and window controles are not close together, buttons around the stereo look small and are hard to read, the engine looks like a LS1 (the worst part..J/K), it looks too open under the car when you look through the bottom grill, and the hood looks very plain.Over all the interior looks hard and not very comfortable. Now the things that I like.......The fact that the intake comes out of the front of the engine, making a ramair hood (like the SS or WS6) possable and very effective if designed right, the shape of the window in that last shot, the winshield wipers look low and sleek, besides the front, the rest of the car looks very sleek and flows very well.Over all car looks good, but they could have done a little more with it..especially the front.Cant wait to race one to see how it runs and sounds, and to see how much traction in can get with those 235s and the rumored 290 RWHP LOL.Knowing Ford, I doubt if they would make it where it can get away from you, so with 290 HP and 235s that thing would be ALL over the road if you hit it anywhere in 1st and probably through most of 2nd...so dont count on it too much folks.Think about it, it would be like slapping 235s on a mach 1 LOL, you would loose it when you hit the next gear, probly be sideways when you slap 3rd.I think it makes 300 HP at the motor and that they tuned the suspension to through the rearend down and plant the tires pretty well, but there is no way with 290 at the wheels...I would be suprised if it actually made that, but I am not saying that it doesnt.Well that was long, but anyways it should be very reliable and congrats to those buying one.

Thanks 95kobrah

I have a 99 GT in Laser Red. So if you are saying that it is not like the Laser Red then I will assume that it is the Torch Red.

Your choice of black & red was my second choice. Looks great, but hard to keep clean & shows every scratch. I use my stang for business & drive about 40k a year. I would have to wash the black twice as much as the red.

Thanks again

hotmustang331 said:
Cant wait to race one to see how it runs and sounds, and to see how much traction in can get with those 235s and the rumored 290 RWHP LOL.Knowing Ford, I doubt if they would make it where it can get away from you, so with 290 HP and 235s that thing would be ALL over the road if you hit it anywhere in 1st and probably through most of 2nd...so dont count on it too much folks.

Traction control?

kirkyg said:
I dont think there is a mass air meter...didn't the throttle by wire replace that?

kirkyg

There is still a MAF. It is on the cover of the air intake box (on the outlet tube). TBW does not change the need for the MAF.