05 GT vs MACH1 race RESULTS.....thats right...RESULTS!

:rlaugh: :rlaugh:

Yeah after all SR 71s go what like Mach 3. :D

5_81.jpg

Attachments

• 5_81.jpg
    5_81.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 113
  • Sponsors (?)

The race with the Mach sounds pretty believable, if both cars are stock. But, the race with the '01 Cobra (which has full exhaust and gears).... :bs: we don't have full detail concerning the race with the Cobra, but i would expect the new GT to lose that race.

Both cars weigh close to the same thing, with the new GT weighing more if anything. The '01 Cobra should have around or over 300 rwhp with that full exhaust. And, the Cobra has 4.10 gears compared to the GT's 3.55 gears. Plus, the Cobra's 4 valve motor should have at least as good, if not better, power on the top end.

why are people so jealous of progress? (if the 05 is actually faster) if the 06 3.5L V6 Mustang runs faster than my 99 GT, i'm not going to get all pissed off. i'd be glad. progress is a GOOD thing. people are comparing the 05 to the Mach 1 because the Mach 1 is probably the best N/A Mustang ever. they aren't trying to insult the Mach 1, if anything, it's a compliment.

DBMSTNG said:
why are people so jealous of progress? (if the 05 is actually faster) if the 06 3.5L V6 Mustang runs faster than my 99 GT, i'm not going to get all pissed off. i'd be glad. progress is a GOOD thing. people are comparing the 05 to the Mach 1 because the Mach 1 is probably the best N/A Mustang ever. they aren't trying to insult the Mach 1, if anything, it's a compliment.

i'm not jealous ;) i'll smoke any 05 i see, with my blower cobra :)

wma8706 said:
The race with the Mach sounds pretty believable, if both cars are stock. But, the race with the '01 Cobra (which has full exhaust and gears).... :bs: we don't have full detail concerning the race with the Cobra, but i would expect the new GT to lose that race.

Both cars weigh close to the same thing, with the new GT weighing more if anything. The '01 Cobra should have around or over 300 rwhp with that full exhaust. And, the Cobra has 4.10 gears compared to the GT's 3.55 gears. Plus, the Cobra's 4 valve motor should have at least as good, if not better, power on the top end.

pretty believable??? :lol: compared to what dude....??? :)
show me at least 3-5 full 1/4 mile passes out of a 05 gt at least to have an idea of how fast they really are.
they would be fast for sure, problem is, we don't know yet :bang:
if they're faster, we're not loosing anything, is the most powerfull mustang GT ever builded.
if the're slower, we're not loosing anything, is the most powerfull mustang GT ever builded.
is a winner no matter how you look at it. :nice:

I guess throwing gas on the fire but Steeda has been able to pull the crank horsepower up on an 05 GT to 350. The motor must respond really well to mods and is more than likely rated below what it actually has as has been stated. If the cars (Mach and 05GT) have similar weight and power why would it be so unbelievable that the GT would win in the quarter? Higher speeds and rpms may yield a different result but most street races end at around 110 mph anyway. The trap speed on both makes it harder to believe to most but it seems as though the 05 is able to put the power down to more efficiently. At the track, you see people run with Nitto's on and have nice times but lower trap speeds than a street tire car that may have the same time but a higher speed because of the efficiency putting the power to the ground. I have personally run a high 13 (13.8-13.9) on street tires with my bolton 01 and not break 98.5mph through the traps. You have to appreciate people trying to forward credible info on to all of us who probably will not see any times on the 05GT until we actually see one at a track or possibly run up against one on the street. 99 and 01 Cobra guys kept it cool because SVT screwed up and the cars were not as strong at first as advertised. 01 Bullitt guys (some,not all) were giddy and bragged about it being a one off car (another Bullitt and Mach coming in the new body style according to Ford) and pushed people's buttons saying that they were killing 01GTs by 2 and 3 car lengths and beating LS1s left and right with 5 to 10 additional horsepower over a stock GT. 03/04 Mach owners got one hell of a motor with a more agressive cam to make it have some balls down low but some small boltons on GTs were putting them real close to Machs at the strip. (seen stock Mach1's, both 03 and 04 run no better than a 13.7 at Commerce in GA) 03/04 Cobra owners could seriously talk and back up what they said because the car is a beast and won't be touched (supercharged Roush's/Steeda's/Sean Hyland's aside) until 06 Cobra unless someone freaks out a GT/Bullitt/Mach with a blower or turbo. Before someone freaks out about the supercharged Roush/Steeda/SH 03/04 GT comment, they run low 13's to high 12's off the showroom floor so I am comparing a stock 03/04 Cobra to stock/showroom supercharged 03/04 Roush/Steeda/SH, so Cobra owners calm down because the modified 03/04 Cobra is a different animal. Back to my point, modified 05GT's and up will run significantly better than the modified 99-01 model GT. There will be another Bullitt, another Mach and a Boss Mustang that modded, will again run significantly better than the 01-04 models of those respective cars.(ex. Boss) The 06 Cobra will run better than all, with the possible exception of the Shelby Mustang if made. Progress is GOOD!! New models of the Mustang SHOULD run/look/handle/feel better than previous iterations, that's why many of us have owned multiple model years, to see the PROGRESS of the Mustang.

ga01blkgt said:
I guess throwing gas on the fire but Steeda has been able to pull the crank horsepower up on an 05 GT to 350. The motor must respond really well to mods and is more than likely rated below what it actually has as has been stated.

To help fan the flames, I was told by a Ford engineer that the 4.6L - 3V horsepower was limited by the computer, NOT the mechanicals. That would imply that what you said is accurate. "Steeda has been able to pull the crank horsepower up on an 05 GT to 350" Especially since it appears that the stock engines really makes 320 HP or so.

I was also told that Ford had a goal of getting a version of the 4.6L 3V to make 400 HP, normally aspirated, but they could not make the 400 HP # out of 4.6L and make it emissions legal and meet all durability requirements. He would not tell me how much HP they were able to get out of it, but I got the impression that it was well over 350 HP. :eek:

Silverbull271 said:
Oh no please dont ban me from this site...godforbid if i couldnt post my thoughts what ever would i do????

You people are POTHETIC

By the way i own 3 NEW cars and probably make more money than all of you who posted to this thread put together....

And if i saw you in person MR Pinski...PLEASE.. I would smack the **** out of you!

Id have your wife calling me DADDY!

domesticthug.jpg

:owned:

351CJ said:
To help fan the flames, I was told by a Ford engineer that the 4.6L - 3V horsepower was limited by the computer, NOT the mechanicals. That would imply that what you said is accurate. "Steeda has been able to pull the crank horsepower up on an 05 GT to 350" Especially since it appears that the stock engines really makes 320 HP or so.

I was also told that Ford had a goal of getting a version of the 4.6L 3V to make 400 HP, normally aspirated, but they could not make the 400 HP # out of 4.6L and make it emissions legal and meet all durability requirements. He would not tell me how much HP they were able to get out of it, but I got the impression that it was well over 350 HP. :eek:

If true, that's simply awesome. :flag:

You know what this thread reminds me of and I have total respect for this website......Mustangworld.com SilverBullit71 or whatever his/her name is would have been banned on page 5 with those kind of replies on Mustangworld. Mustangworld are free-flowing forums who let people flame all they want until one of the mods decides enough is enough. That's usually the case on page 5 of a particular thread in the Clubhouse. This site is a bit more sane but seeing that this is on pg. 6 and this person is still posting gives me the sense that you admins are slacking. I love Mustangworld for what it is..... a crazy messed up site that I get many laughs from. It's all out internet whoring and flaming there and I love it. I come to Stangnet for some quiet conversation about Mustangs. This by far is the worst thread I've ever read on Stangnet. It started out as simple conversation and wound up as total flaming. Now back to the ORIGINAL POST. I love the Mach 1s. Hell, if they had a vert version, it'll be in my garage. Until this '05 GT is out on the streets, and more numbers are posted, I'll hold my comments about it. All I know is that Steeda Dynoed a production '05 GT on a Dynojet and it produced 275rwhp and 295rwtq. Livernois dynoed their '05 GT on a Mustang Dyno and got 254rwhp and 274 rwtq. Gentlemen.....that's 50 more hp than the '99-04s produce. If any of you think that Ford should have produced higher numbers....go get any '02 LS1. I do believe this car WILL be better than ANY Mustang GT ever produced by Ford hands down. From Suspension to engine, to gearing. Is it better than a Mach 1? Don't know and really don't care. I respect the Mach 1 for it's known performances and I respect the '05 for potential and little known performances from dynoes. When it comes to who is faster.....bring what you brung and if you lose, time to do more mods. :D By the way...I have an '02 GT Conv. that is slower than reproducing coral on a barrier reef. :(

Omegalock said:
Then you must be a freaking member of Mensa.

Say goodbye you'll soon be banned and for what when you think about it?
A guy comes on and posts something you don't believe him fine. Call him on it and leave it at that. Then he gets his story backed up by somebody else then you freakin flip your lid for no reason? Seriously man you need to either grow up or seek help you are the type of basketcase that would try to run somebody off the road because they didn't pass you on the left.
Bye bye
better yet, BANISH him to War Stories! :owned:

GNN60GT500 said:
I can not give information on the car, except it was a stock 5 speed.....

rolling start....

it was close to about 60 MPH, and then the 05 GT pulled away....by 120MPH it had about 1 1/2 cars on the MACH

the 05 was also put up against a 01 Cobra with full exhaust and 4.11s...results were about the same.....

Rolling starts were done so driver would not be a factor....

I was not present for the race, but got information from a really good source, which I also can not give out.

I think we have a winner....... :flag:

Any updates on the 05 that's blowing away the Mach? I know your the expert so what have you found? I just drag race, give me your times!

95cobra#161 said:
hi everybody i'm a newbe. just going thru the threads here and have to say "i'm pretty disaponted in the way some are acting" i own a 95 Cobra and i'm not mad that the newer 99 up gt's have more power than me hell i'm glad to see Ford finaly giving us people that don't have "3 new cars and make more money than every body on here" a chance to have what we all like and whant that is more and more power and a better handling Mustang as the years go on for a reasonable price. I THINK WE SHOULD BE GREATFULL!!

Even a "newbe" knows that this thread has brought out the worst in some people. :shrug:

Jpjr said:
An 05 mustang with 300hp would never beat a Mach with 330hp. Even adding a CB, you would never gain 30hp with that size motor. The Mach is a much more aerodynamic car, and head to head would always win if driving weren't a factor.

Then how come according to car and driver magazine the 05 mustang beats the 04 gto which is 50 hp more :lol: