05 GT, Where is the hood scoop?

• Sponsors (?)

TX96GT said:
IT LOOKS LIKE AN OLD LADIES CAR. MY GRANDMA'S CAR IS COOLER THAN THE 05. IT'S SAD WHEN A GIRL SAYS THAT. IT IS SO PLAIN LOOKING.

Good, should keep kids like you from driving one and making the rest of us look bad. It's not supposed to look like something straight out of the Fast and the Furious. It's a small, cheap car with an understated look and insane power under the hood... just as it always has been. If you don't like it then you need to find another car that suits your tastes and not bitch when Ford refuses to turn its muscle car into an outrageously priced sports car in full ricer apparel.

This one is so obvious i can't believe people are not saying...

Its OBVIOUS that ford is doing what they did in 99-00 , 01+

They are going to leave some room for improvement...they will most likely add a functional hood scoop in 06-07 for the GT and raise tweak for a little more hp say another 15hp or so? The intake is made for a functional hoodscoop it would not take much to make a functional one.

kirkyg

Ray III said:
Good, should keep kids like you from driving one and making the rest of us look bad. It's not supposed to look like something straight out of the Fast and the Furious. It's a small, cheap car with an understated look and insane power under the hood... just as it always has been. If you don't like it then you need to find another car that suits your tastes and not bitch when Ford refuses to turn its muscle car into an outrageously priced sports car in full ricer apparel.

SCREW YOU, I'M 30 YEARS OLD! AND BY THE WAY, I ONLY BUY AMERICAN.
GET A LIFE!!!!

On the topic of hood scoops though...and I already posted this on another thread, but if you look on the underside of the hood, there place for a cut out that would be perfect for a scoop, picture is on the first page of the "05 with the hood up" thread. Hope we can see a functional hood scoop sometime soon.

Needs these:
68MustangFastback04-hr.jpg

Attachments

• 68MustangFastback04-hr.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 117
The original Mustang didn't have scoops, so putting scoops on is not a "retro" thing. I believe it was about 69 before there were any "scoops" and that was a real shaker that was functional. Fake scoops are just that - fake.

And before somebody says the GT-350 had scoops - that is right - but I said "Mustang" and the GT-350 wasn't. It was a "Shelby". And they were functional, including the side ones.

And for the statement that without scoops it doesn't look like a sports car, sport cars usually don't have scoops, but that is irrrelevant, as the Mustang is not a sports car.

Personally, I like the nice clean hood, and it is true to the heritage with that. Now if it just wasn't rounded off so much on the front..... (sorry...couldn't resist).

67convertible said:
Needs these:

That looks like the bogus hood that was on my Firebird, before I took it off and put a functional RamAir on. Yuk. Although I like my Firebird, I also like Mustangs - why would you want to copy a Firebird on a Mustang? Leave the hood smooth, like a fast car.

Attachments

• 68MustangFastback04-hr.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 105