'05 Head/Fog Light Performance

• Sponsors (?)

If you have problems seeing with you 99-04 car at night perhaps you shouldnt be driving. I get people flashing lights at me when I have low beams and fog lights on. The illumination is great.

holler said:
I haven't heard many comments on how the headlights perform... Anybody know if they are any better then the admittingly sucky 99-04 headlamps?

The headlights on th GT are very good. Lighting becomes excellent with the fogs on, or the high beams.

The SN95's foglights don't do a damn thing. Turn them on by themselves, what do you see? Barely enough to drive faster than 15mph. Some people act like they actually put out useable light (they're 32.5W I believe).

new22003 said:
If you have problems seeing with you 99-04 car at night perhaps you shouldnt be driving. I get people flashing lights at me when I have low beams and fog lights on. The illumination is great.

you have to be kidding me. The illumination is subpar at best. One can easily compare the light intensity versus other cars on the road and its definitely weaker then the rest. my 15 year old 1988 bmw 325is and even my 97 toyota corolla puts it to shame.

my 05 fog lights are so bright I just ride with them on when in town the high beams are a little strange at first but you get use to them highs main light take a 9008 bulb and are not easy to find

THEY COULD BE BRIGHTER I THINK, ITS LIKE THEIR ADJUSTED UP TO HI BUT THEIR NOT, THE LOW BEAMS ARE BRIGHT BUT SEEM LIKE THEY SHOULD BE RAISED. I REALLY WANT SOME BLINDING XENONS FOR ALL

[QUOTE="car"azy]THEY COULD BE BRIGHTER I THINK, ITS LIKE THEIR ADJUSTED UP TO HI BUT THEIR NOT, THE LOW BEAMS ARE BRIGHT BUT SEEM LIKE THEY SHOULD BE RAISED. I REALLY WANT SOME BLINDING XENONS FOR ALL[/QUOTE]
yeah I agree.. they could be brighter.. i'm actually trying to see if i can replace them with some HID lights.. I have a 9007 Phillips HID kit on my 2004 Xterra and man they are bright!!! even more then factory HID on Bmw's and acura's... but again cause they are 9008 which are so new i havent seem any replacement bulbs for them.... I'm thinking if I could change the actually bulb sockets for maybe a H4 or 9007 then i can just get another phillips HID kit