'05 Information

00grnsixer

Founding Member
Sep 7, 2000
Kansas City, MO, USA
Hello all,

I ran into my Cousin yesterday who is a manager at a company that makes Conveyor systems that the Auto industry uses to build their cars. This company is tooling right now to begin production on the '05 in Flat Rock plant. Lucky bastard has an '05 body in the shop right now to work with. Anyway, I took the opportunity to ask about the '05 and what he knew. I explained that were rumors and questions about a new "lx-type" V8 with some form of V8 in a base model exterior. I also mentioned the latest rumors about a new Shelby Mustang (Not the Cobra) and maybe them being in GT350 or GT500 form. His response: Yes on all accounts. He refused to give me details about the new models, but he did say that they were at least talking about producing all of the above models and were making plans to do so.

This is a family member AND friend, so I do not wish to release his name and or company's name for fear he may feel the effects. Take it with a grain of salt if you wish, but I am excited about the prospect!!

• Sponsors (?)

Still not a believe. Don't know why you people always push this B.S. It was already confirmed by J. Mays himself that it was an honest mistake when he gave his speech....he was nervous! :D

I appreciate your position, but you don't need to be an @$$ about it. I'm simply passing on what I was told yesterday and I really don't need you eliciting that I am "pushing B.S.". It's flat out insulting and destroys the integrity of this board. It's not like I made this up to just re-start the rumor mill. I thought it may be worthy of passing along to all of you who like to hear things about the new '05.

BTW, could you please point to a video, transcript, what have you where J. Mays said he made a mistake?

s7v7n said:
It was already confirmed by J. Mays himself that it was an honest mistake when he gave his speech....he was nervous! :D

Where has this been confirmed? Can you provide a link?

I don't believe there will be a sub $20K V8 either. And I think Mays made a mistake at the intro, but I have yet to see an official retraction from Ford.

00grnsixer said:
BTW, could you please point to a video, transcript, what have you where J. Mays said he made a mistake?

He won't because he can't. As he has claimed that you are pushing BS, I too have to say the same regarding his statement about J. Mays retracting his statement.

Funny how he tried to attack you calling :bs: with :bs: of his own :nonono:

Ron Jeremy said:
And I beleive in the tooth fairy. You make me laugh when you say that Ford will build a base V8 Mustang for $18,000 to $20,000. You have a better chance at me, the great Ron Jeremy than you are at getting Ford to build a Mustang for under $20,000. I can't stop laughing. You are funny.
Haha :D

No B.S. ask Brad (BlueStangVert) or go to his site and search the forums:

www.bradbarnett.com

it was even posted on www.blueovalnews.com/forums

It was an honest mistake by J. Mays, we have went over this and over this. I believe (and not to b.s. here ;) ) we understood this mistake about a 3 weeks ago.

--BTW 00grnsixer, I didn't mean no harm...I come in peace :D It's just that you knew you were bringing up a "rumor mill", which nobody took seriously, and those (many people agreeing with me) already knew it was a mistake. Take it easy, it's just the internet...have fun, enjoy it, but please don't take offense...life it too short!

s7v7n

Thats still not a link. I lurk on Brads site constantly. Although nobody thinks its true on any site, I have not seen anything official. Even do ing searches I find nothing. If you know that thread it was in, post it.

falchulk said:
Thats still not a link. I lurk on Brads site constantly. Although nobody thinks its true on any site, I have not seen anything official. Even do ing searches I find nothing. If you know that thread it was in, post it.

Yes, someone post a link to a direct quote. Until then I'm keeping the dream alive. :D

falchulk said:
I will look, but I don't know if it got transfered from when his site crashed....