05+ Mach 1

• Sponsors (?)

Let me translate "yes" for you....

We don't know about the future special productions of the Mustang, we just know that in the future there will be models carrying the "Shelby" namesake and perhaps the SVT will return. Ford has made no announcements as of yet and the future lineup of 2005+ Mustangs waits to be seen.

Clear?

04ShadowGT said:
Let me translate "yes" for you....

We don't know about the future special productions of the Mustang, we just know that in the future there will be models carrying the "Shelby" namesake and perhaps the SVT will return. Ford has made no announcements as of yet and the future lineup of 2005+ Mustangs waits to be seen.

Clear?

Agreed.. but I though Ford did commit to the SVT as a 2007 MY?

phil martens

on fordstar program that is available at all ford dealerships called "inside the oval", phil said that there will be a bullet and a mach 1 mustang in the 05 mustang and that one or the other will be available before the next cobra

howie7019 said:
on fordstar program that is available at all ford dealerships called "inside the oval", phil said that there will be a bullet and a mach 1 mustang in the 05 mustang and that one or the other will be available before the next cobra

I just got back from seeing the 05 Mustang at a local dealer, part of the GAPDII. I spoke with the Ford engineering manager for the 05 Mustang exterior and structure. He said pretty much the same thing. The SVT Cobra will not be out until the 07 model year (mid 06 calander year). Here's the big news, there will be a Special Edition Mustang GT in March of 2005.

He also said that the GT will NOT get IRS or 18" wheels. Both will be available ONLY one future SVT and Special Edition cars.

The names of the future SE's have not been decided, but reading between the lines I got the impression that the first SE, in March 05 will not be much more than 18" wheels, scoops, stripes and spoilers, probably the Bullitt mode.

He implied that the SVT Cobra wil be the first model with more HP and IRS.

351CJ said:
He also said that the GT will NOT get IRS or 18" wheels. Both will be available ONLY one future SVT and Special Edition cars.

The names of the future SE's have not been decided, but reading between the lines I got the impression that the first SE, in March 05 will not be much more than 18" wheels, scoops, stripes and spoilers, probably the Bullitt mode.

Wouldn't the stripes more of a Mach 1 thing? I don't recall any bullit mustangs having stripes?

SVTdriver said:
Wouldn't the stripes more of a Mach 1 thing? I don't recall any bullit mustangs having stripes?

I did not literally mean stripes. I said "18" wheels, scoops, stripes and spoilers" just to indicate that from his comments, this first SE will not be much more than a jazzed up GT that will have more form than substance.