05 MAGNAFLOW EXHAUST SOUND CLIPS!!!!!- and a NEW MAGNAFLOW WEBSITE!!

• Sponsors (?)

I will get some dyno numbers for you guys after SEMA- as everyone here is getting ready for that right now-

Sound and looks are subjective- but I am sure that once again we will set the standard for gains seen on the dyno as seen by all of the catback hp shoot outs we have won-

HP gains are our prime objective.

sounds good..excellent website...but cant do much about poor manufacturing...and lord knows I know that... :shrug:

sorry GNN....but must state the obvious...

p.s. GNN...I'm doing well, hope you all are moving up, best of luck...

dpjedi said:
Bump for the request - side by side pics comparing OEM to Magnaflow complete exhaust. Thanks!

We don't have an OE system here right now to fulfill your request, however I was able to find this picture off of the Ford website....

You can see several of the bends we elminated in this picture..there is definitely room to straighten these bends out....there are several more on the other side of the axle that you can not see in the picture where the pipe is slightly crushed in in order to clear the drive shaft on the factory system close to where the rear U-joints are......

Hope this helps...let me know if you have any more question....

Brent Bass
Magnaflow Sales :flag:

GNN60GT500 said:
Prices are for catback systems...not just pipes and mufflers.

Other companies create pipes and mufflers, we do the engineering work to back our systems up.

I'm a huge Magnaflow fan, so please don't take this the wrong way. But when you say "catback", on the new car the cats aren't where they were on the SN95 - they're right up near the engine. So does your catback system start just behind the cats, or just behind the H section?

It starts behind the H pipe, as the X pipe will be offered as a seperate piece which will replace the factory converters and H cross over....

This was the best place we could find to seperate the mid pipe from the catback, as on the new car, there is no real seperation between the two....

We could make one complete system which goes all the way up to the converters, which would include the X, however that would increase the cost....

so we wanted to try and maintain the two step exhaust replacement for the car, as it is what has worked in the past....

Technically, the catback on this car and on the previous generation car was not really a cat back, as even on the 99-04s, the cat back really never went all the way to the converters...

they were more of a flange back.....which is the direction we went with this car...

When I say catback, I mean we did engineering work in order to design the system, mufflers....

We did not just bend up some pipes, throw in some mufflers, weld on some tips and make sure it all fit on the car which is what most other companies do.....

In fact if most people knew how many exhaust manufacturers actually even had dynos in house, they would probably be suprised, as most exhaust manufacturers do not even have rear wheel dynos....

Thanks for the explanation. Like I said, I'm a huge Magnaflow fan and will definitely at the minimum purchase the axle-back kit if or when I'm able to get an 05.

GNN60GT500 said:
It starts behind the H pipe, as the X pipe will be offered as a seperate piece which will replace the factory converters and H cross over....

This was the best place we could find to seperate the mid pipe from the catback, as on the new car, there is no real seperation between the two....

We could make one complete system which goes all the way up to the converters, which would include the X, however that would increase the cost....

so we wanted to try and maintain the two step exhaust replacement for the car, as it is what has worked in the past....

Technically, the catback on this car and on the previous generation car was not really a cat back, as even on the 99-04s, the cat back really never went all the way to the converters...

they were more of a flange back.....which is the direction we went with this car...

When I say catback, I mean we did engineering work in order to design the system, mufflers....

We did not just bend up some pipes, throw in some mufflers, weld on some tips and make sure it all fit on the car which is what most other companies do.....

In fact if most people knew how many exhaust manufacturers actually even had dynos in house, they would probably be suprised, as most exhaust manufacturers do not even have rear wheel dynos....