05 mustang owner age check

• Sponsors (?)

__STi__ said:
just curious how old the buyers are..the retro style is geared towards the middle aged!just wanna know how many...20-25 year olds bought one

The car is not "geared towards the middle-aged", it's geared towards enthusiasts of the rear-wheel-drive, V8 pony car.

It's true to say that you would have to be quite a bit older than 25 to have actually grown up in the heyday of this type of car, but you're dead wrong if you think that everybody 25 and younger prefers 4-door, 4-cylinder cars with stupid decals and wings.

I assure you, this car is getting plenty of attention from young and old alike.

51 & definitely in the middle-age category. The last Mustang that I was seriously interested in buying was in 1969 when I was 17 & not even close to having the income to buy one.

I've been accused by many of being in the midst of a mid-life crisis, but even us old folk appreciate a beautiful piece of work like this. I traded in my 2002 BMW 330 Coupe, and I don't miss it one iota!

mattdee1 said:
The car is not "geared towards the middle-aged", it's geared towards enthusiasts of the rear-wheel-drive, V8 pony car.

It's true to say that you would have to be quite a bit older than 25 to have actually grown up in the heyday of this type of car, but you're dead wrong if you think that everybody 25 and younger prefers 4-door, 4-cylinder cars with stupid decals and wings.

i'm feelin a little old at 38.anyway,i work with this hot chick (23 or 24) and she thinks the new stang is fugly..i was immediately turned off by her that is unless she doesnt talk when i decide to ask her out :D

I'm 19, don't own an 05 but my mom is seriously considering getting one... My first Stang would be the one I've got now, purchased a week before my 19th birthday. And as for my mom's age, I won't say... let's just say that she remembers when the originals came out. But it'll be a Sonic Blue/Dark Graphite 05 or 06 GT with white Shelby stripes and "the" optional 18" rim.

mattdee1 said:

actually i got rid of a 2004 mach 1 for this 4 door sedan..that was faster than my mach..which is faster than the 05...your just ignorant ....all performance cars deserve respect...esp ones that are 30k and upwards :rolleyes:

53 and seriously thinking of getting one of these.

I'm gonna wait until winter is over, watch all the talk on this forum, see what all's up and how things are going with the 05's good and bad (hopefully no bad).

I do really like them and have not owned a Mustang for 20 years.
I've previously owned a 1972 Mach1 and a 1970 Mach 1, both 351 Cleveland block, 4bbl, 4 speeds.

This new 05 is the nicest I've seen since the 1972 which I loved.

I'll probably have a nice Satin Silver GT 5 speed by May 2005 if the cars don't prove to have any problems.