05 Pics

• Sponsors (?)

GM Dude said:
431202_45_full.jpg

Here's what I'm talking about. :bang:

Give you the duct tape! The other image is the reflection of a marker light on the car parked next to the car being photographed. Car with marker light is out of viewing angle of the camera lens.

Jeff

GM Dude said:
Thats the weirdest reflection I've ever seen, if it isn't rust.

reflections are wierd by nature. There is NO WAY the body of even a test mule is going to rust in that small time frame. They will be rust warrrantied to 80-100k just like all other vehicles are. It wont rust thats craziest thing i've heard about the 05 mustang. Its WAY too uniformed to be rust even if it is something on the paint.

kirkyg

From what I can tell, that car must be driven a lot and belongs to someone already, most likely a ford exec. Reasons why; There is an XM connection on the dash, and it appears to be a big house with some bimmers in the background. ANYWAYS that is not rust, just a dirty, dirty car...............Upon further inspection the first pic and the other two are in seperate locations.

BlackV-6.jpg

BlackV-6-2.jpg

Assuming the two cars above are the same one, the wire that is duct taped from the door to the trunk could be attached to the "hitch" installed under the rear bumper cover. Possibly for some kind of 5th wheel data collecting device.

no way in HELL that is rust pal, not even CLOSE. its a reflection how hard is that to notice? and yes good catch on the wire, at first i thought the duck tape was there because the window was cracked or something... seriously stop bashing a TEST MULE and go drive your POS GM.

MustangSteve007 said:
no way in HELL that is rust pal, not even CLOSE. its a reflection how hard is that to notice? and yes good catch on the wire, at first i thought the duck tape was there because the window was cracked or something... seriously stop bashing a TEST MULE and go drive your POS GM.

It looks kinda like a reflection of a parking light or something. but Im not quite sure.

The "rust" next to the gas lid is definitly a reflection of a marker light on a blue car sitting next to the black one. If you look, you can see the blue of the fender also reflected around the marker light. There is another reflection of the same marker light and blue fender on the rear fender lip of the black car. But, my question is "why are we arguing about this?" Rust or reflection, who gives a crap? :bang:

Roots66 said:
But, my question is "why are we arguing about this?" Rust or reflection, who gives a crap? :bang:
man, you keep crackin me up tonight. :rlaugh: That's totally what I was wondering, I would read this thread and I'd just sit here and think to myself "I dunno, it must just be a guy thing" I didn't even notice the 'rust' spot until everyone was mentioning it and I scrolled back up to take a closer look :rolleyes:

Roots66 said:
BlackV-6.jpg

BlackV-6-2.jpg

Assuming the two cars above are the same one, the wire that is duct taped from the door to the trunk could be attached to the "hitch" installed under the rear bumper cover. Possibly for some kind of 5th wheel data collecting device.
Or ... it could be going to the antenna above the rear window?

ElectricTang said:
I wish they would redesign the back half of the 05. From the doors back it just doesnt look good. I do like the smaller fastback looking window but other than that its just :puke:

I'm with you man, the rear quarter panels look like the came off a honda accord. Also the mufflers remind me of an accord too.

Roots66 said:
Glad to be of service. :flag:
BTW: Liked the humour pages. :nice:
thanks :D pm me your e-mail and I'll add you to my e-mailing list if you like :)

on a more on-topic note, yes, there is a few things that are noticably wrong with the car in the pics, but none of this stuff will be wrong with the real cars that each of us buys now will it? :shrug:

The explaination of the wire duct tapped to the rear window:
If you look at some of the interior shots of test mules, you will see a whole bunch of computer gear in the cockpit. The gear records all sorts of stuff: vibration at various points, road noise, engine stats, body flex, braking, etc etc. This wire probably connects the computer to one of the sensors. Albeit, the cars outfitted with this gear were usually the early preproduction ones with the cow spots and not a late stage preproduction model.