05 seats?

Eon_Anadlas

Jan 22, 2004
Ok i have a '69 fastback that i'm making into a mach 1 clone...well i have no seats at all because when i bought it it was in shambles and the front seats did not come with it...i really want to have the black seats with the red stripe but have driven myself crazy sitting in my uncomfortable '67 seats so i want an update and saw that TMI has just released seat covers for the 05 that look just like the mach 1 seats with the modern comfort...so has anyone tried to fit one of these in thier car with success...also there are the 03 mach 1 seats i guess i could try to go with if i can't get the 05's. Any help on this would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

I just installed some 02 mustang seats in my 70. I had to just take an old seat track and cut like 1.5" off (the end with the mounting hole ) and weld them onto the original. The spacing between the holes was like 1.5" longer. Then the passenger seat just bolted into place with no other mods. The drivers seat I had to cut out a bit of the new seat frame and then extend the track like the passenger. I will try to get some pics uploaded tonight and try posting tomorrow.

Jasonn
The seats look great with the race car interior you have going, nice work on the roll cage too.

As far as the 2005 seats... they are big and heavy, I'd be concerned about the height being too tall, and the thickness of the seat back possibly being an issue with rear seat passengers (if anyone ever rides back there) or even hitting the rear side trim panels.

The '02 seats are quite a different animal from the '05.

Jasonn, are your seats out of a v6 car?

milner351 said:
Jasonn
The seats look great with the race car interior you have going, nice work on the roll cage too.

As far as the 2005 seats... they are big and heavy, I'd be concerned about the height being too tall, and the thickness of the seat back possibly being an issue with rear seat passengers (if anyone ever rides back there) or even hitting the rear side trim panels.

The '02 seats are quite a different animal from the '05.

Jasonn, are your seats out of a v6 car?

Yea, I think they are v6 seats. Not sure about 05 seats, but these are lighter than my 70 seats. WAY lighter than my 70 mach seats. These fit in there just perfect.

that's great cause my friend wrecked his 03 mach 1 and he said he'll sell me his seats so now that i know i can fit them i guess that will be my next project. As far as location i'm military so i'm stuck in clovis new mexico.

jasonn said:
I just installed some 02 mustang seats in my 70. I had to just take an old seat track and cut like 1.5" off (the end with the mounting hole ) and weld them onto the original. The spacing between the holes was like 1.5" longer. Then the passenger seat just bolted into place with no other mods. The drivers seat I had to cut out a bit of the new seat frame and then extend the track like the passenger. I will try to get some pics uploaded tonight and try posting tomorrow.

Jason, please do me a favor and put a pic of those seats and your info in my database of Non-stock seats.

http://www.stanginfo.com/Seats/seats_tbl_view.php