• Front View.JPG
    Front View.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,601
  • Side View.JPG
    Side View.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,320
  • Sponsors (?)

65shlbycln said:
whats the hole at the front of the air intake for?

Looks similar to the plug in the Mach intake. Except in the Mach 1 they have a resonator there (like a big ugly plastic collector), a lot of members just bye a plug to cover it up. Weird.

The intake does look a little restrictive because of that bend. But it's still a whole lot better than most cars in stock form -- plus, it looks like it's going to do a good job of pulling in cool air.

But a lot of cars will have an elaborate intake resonator & snorkel which is designed to keep the engine quiet and prevent hydrolock. In some of these cars, the air has to come down the snorkel which is in the engine bay, through the resonator, back up again to reach the airbox, and then through a tube that feeds the throttle body -- now that's restrictive. *edit* I replaced all of that stuff in my Hyundai, so you guys should feel lucky that the Mustang doesn't have all that junk. :nice:

Hmmm....

Please tell me they're going to paint the strut towers and underhood area body color on the real production cars. I hope this is just some more retro crap for the show car circuit, much like the stripes they had on a few of them. I know they used to do this 'back in the day' but I think it looks awful on a new car. That's about the only issue I have with it so far.

RandyB said:
Please tell me they're going to paint the strut towers and underhood area body color on the real production cars. I hope this is just some more retro crap for the show car circuit, much like the stripes they had on a few of them. I know they used to do this 'back in the day' but I think it looks awful on a new car. That's about the only issue I have with it so far.

Probably not. My understanding is that the car at the show is basically going to be exactly the same as the production model. I don't see what the big deal is though. Black is a neutral color, it doesn't look bad under the hood at all.

Those are great pics. It just looks like the engine compartment doesn't have much room for mods. I don't think there is enough room to put a K&N in front of the motor. To help straighten out the intake. Which is kind of a bummer.