05GT v. WRX

Status
Not open for further replies.
machfelon said:
:shrug: I would think if your a good driver (ie stick) then a stang should beat it... But I donno .... I have not driven an 05 so you maybe right

Im going on 04 Mach or Cobra (both of which Ive driven)

I don't care for the Subaru so I'm biased I guess!! :nice:

the stock 05 GT is faster than a stock WRX.

• Sponsors (?)

mReD said:
yeah...id like to see these numbers too hehe

Its pretty widely known and all over this board that the sticks and autos are very comparable in stock form. Sometimes the stick is faster, sometimes the auto....I love my auto, its definately the best shifting auto i've ever driven...but, if I wasnt partially disabled from an accident I would've gone for a stick...I was one of those people that would've said 'an auto in a mustang? Thats just wrong..."

Doc GTO said:
I've laid the smack down of a few in the past. They are quick - they pack a lot of rice in that model :D

...and it's kinda weird, I used to hang around the subaru forums alot (clubwrx.net) and they really don't consider themselves rice burners, at least not in the normal idea of 'I slapped a fart can on my little civic and slapped stickers all over it and now its crazy fast dawg...'
I guess since its a japanese car it is rice, but it seems most subaru owners dont like to associate themselves with that crowd...I have more respect for these cars than other 'rice', I think their just better cars...... I might actually try to find a rex for a fun little winter car... :D

NY05GT4ME said:
...and it's kinda weird, I used to hang around the subaru forums alot (clubwrx.net) and they really don't consider themselves rice burners, at least not in the normal idea of 'I slapped a fart can on my little civic and slapped stickers all over it and now its crazy fast dawg...'
I guess since its a japanese car it is rice, but it seems most subaru owners dont like to associate themselves with that crowd...I have more respect for these cars than other 'rice', I think their just better cars...... I might actually try to find a rex for a fun little winter car... :D

That's true. In my opinion the STi is a Japanese muscle car, not your usual rice rocket. If I was into imports I would most likely have a Sti . . .

why do we always have to be labeled as rice :fuss:. i guess all you guys have mullets :p . a stock 05 gt will more than likely spank a stock rex in the 1320, drivers being equal. now an sti would be different but i think it still boils down to driver skill.

jfischer said:
That big-ass factory hoop spoiler on the STi just screams "rice" :)
You're an idiot. The WRX (STi) is a AWD vehicle found in the racing circuit, that spoiler is actually functional ya know and comes that way from the factory. I dont even believe any other manufacturer builds a spoiler for a car that tall besides for a Nissan Skyline.

Go slap yourself.

-Dan

cleveland said:
You're an idiot. The WRX (STi) is a AWD vehicle found in the racing circuit, that spoiler is actually functional ya know and comes that way from the factory. I dont even believe any other manufacturer builds a spoiler for a car that tall besides for a Nissan Skyline.

Go slap yourself.

-Dan

I think the Mitsu Evo is just as tall, although I have never seen an Evo or STi next to each to get an accurate visual. ;)

cleveland said:

Go slap yourself.

-Dan

Dan, Dan, Dan. Before you post something like that you should really be sure of what you are spouting. The wing on the Sti is in no way functional. Unless, of course, you consider generating more parasitic drag (which is the biggest force to overcome with speed, ie it eats the most horsepower) functional

cleveland said:
You're an idiot. The WRX (STi) is a AWD vehicle found in the racing circuit, that spoiler is actually functional ya know and comes that way from the factory.

I know it comes that way from the factory. It's factory rice.

Funny how a 2005 Corvette can do 180+MPH without needing some big, 3 foot tall ricy wing on the back of it.

I seriously doubt that spoiler has any real functionality in the real world.

I attended a BMW driving school this weekend with a BMW 330i. (My 06 Mustang GT is on order). There happened to be 3 WRX STI's there. I was able to go faster than one of them but the other two were faster than me. Of course on a road course, the driver is a larger factor than a straight drag race but the WRX has good performance.

TEAShea
from Nebraska

Mike06_10pm said:
still sounds like doodoo though
-mike
eh?

It may not have a V8 rumble, but hay guess what it's NOT a V8.

The boxer 4 has a very distinctive sound, nothing else on the road quite like it. Which I think is good as it makes it very unique.

Don't prejudge it just because its a foriegn car and has 4 cylinders.

actually the wing is very functional, it does what it is supposed to do(adds rear downforce, just not much) you sir (GP001) need to do some research before you start spouting.

jfischer:

funny how the corvette is a completely different car, it was built to go 180 mph
. its also funny that when you look at a le mans corvette what do you get....thats right a big giant wing. dont get me wrong i hate the wing, but that "ricer" of car would spank any stock gt and probably most cobras around a road course.(please no "if i put this much money into it it would do bla, bla", thats just gay, any car can be fast with $$$)

i guess since ford once made any even more "ricey" wing its ok though (corbra R), oh but wait that was a race car for the street so it needed one.......what the heck do you think the sti is. man, sometimes the lack of knowledge and general arrogance on this board really frustrates me.

anyways, i love mustangs and always will but it damn sure isnt the best car out there, niether is mine. you dont have to like it but you can atleast show some respect where its do. we are supposed to be automotive enthusiast.

NY05GT4ME:
you are very right, MOST of us on www.nasioc.com are very anti "rice", we dont like street racing and we on average tend to be very open minded. i think that general subaru community is very friendly and accepting of others. (we even waive at other suby drivers). hell, i even waive(or thumbs up) at other sweet cars.

that is all,
shaun h.

spidermaxx300 said:
thats right a big giant wing. dont get me wrong i hate the wing, but that "ricer" of car would spank any stock gt and probably most cobras around a road course.(please no "if i put this much money into it it would do bla, bla", thats just gay, any car can be fast with $$$)

No matter how fast it is, you're still driving a Subaru :)

spidermaxx300 said:
that is true and im proud of it :D ..... you can mock me all day long im ok with it.

That's the right attitude :nice: . I don't get what is so bad about scoobies, I really like STis and know that one would more than likely hand me my ass in a race.

TEAShea said:
I attended a BMW driving school this weekend with a BMW 330i. (My 06 Mustang GT is on order). There happened to be 3 WRX STI's there. I was able to go faster than one of them but the other two were faster than me. Of course on a road course, the driver is a larger factor than a straight drag race but the WRX has good performance.

No offense, but a WRX STi should be able to walk a BMW 330i. BMWs are nice cars but the 3 series is not exactly a performance powerhouse when compared to an STi. From my understanding you can go any speed you are comfortable with during those driving courses, so maybe he didn't want to push it, or you are an amazing driver, I don't know :shrug: .

Status
Not open for further replies.